12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 5th and 6th Storm

CarolinaCrusher2000

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It almost sounds like Ji has been in here. I keep thinking back to last year and how good mid February to early March was. I don't remember forseeing that time period being good from very far off. Anyways, it looks like Saturday will be watching movies with a fire going while it is 35 and pouring rain. We'll probably get our obligatory sleet to start out just for kicks and giggles.

Blacksburg still gives a chance of mix (which I doubt happens) although you can't rule out a little sleet to start.

.FRIDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. RAIN LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN

THE LOWER 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN 60 PERCENT.

.FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY...RAIN AND SNOW LIKELY. LOWS IN THE

MID 30S. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

70 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE

EVENING...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER

20S. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.

Euro has me at 34 rain :arrowhead:

lol, GooFuS has me 33 rain :scooter:

Blacksburg still gives a chance of mix (which I doubt happens) although you can't rule out a little sleet to start.

.FRIDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. RAIN LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN

THE LOWER 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN 60 PERCENT.

.FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY...RAIN AND SNOW LIKELY. LOWS IN THE

MID 30S. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

70 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE

EVENING...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER

20S. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.

Euro has me at 34 rain :arrowhead:

lol, GooFuS has me 33 rain :scooter:

Too bad mid level temps are 36.

rain changing to snow Friday Night and Saturday morning for Asheville NC according to NWS but little if any accumulation. i agree when there is a storm as long as its rain its fine but as soon as we have cold temps there is no moisture and when we have moisture its a little to warm for snow-----GO FIGURE, then in the midwest it snows at a drop of a hat. FRUSTRATED :yikes:

Can't believe everything JB says

In my post earlier I said MAJOR winter storm, No doubt we'll see some little events ! I think Friday still has a chance of being a mix ? Euro has 34 rain and GFS 33 rain so all they have to be is off just 2-4 degrees and it's a different ball game, And that is very possible. But they could be off in the other direction and we're warmer ? Bottom line I still think mix is possible in Mountain's and Foothills and N.Piedmont :snowman:

Tell your wife to read Thoreau, Joe, and she would realice she would use those paths even if the snow wasn't there.

I wish I would said that to her, took a drink from my sniffer, and looked back down to the paper! It would have killed her!:lol:

Moderate Rain

43.4 degrees

Wind - 15/22

The way this storm is wound up, I don't see how we here can't see some pretty nasty winds come midday tomorrow.

I'm really liking the chances of the first widespread big rain event this season in most of the Southeast this Fri/Saturday. The trough is held way back for a long time, and the low development is well into the Gulf, with overrunning beginning very early. Its been showing up a while like this now, and usually this is a big rain event with little dry slot worries anywhere south of the Fl. panhandle. Could be some big rains well over 2" in much of Al, Ga and all the Carolinas, finally. The models aren't quite that wet yet, but I think the pattern supports it. Friday's a total washout, and becoming showery by early Saturday.

NAM totals:

post-38-0-71961100-1296617343.gif

I'm really liking the chances of the first widespread big rain event this season in most of the Southeast this Fri/Saturday. The trough is held way back for a long time, and the low development is well into the Gulf, with overrunning beginning very early. Its been showing up a while like this now, and usually this is a big rain event with little dry slot worries anywhere south of the Fl. panhandle. Could be some big rains well over 2" in much of Al, Ga and all the Carolinas, finally. The models aren't quite that wet yet, but I think the pattern supports it. Friday's a total washout, and becoming showery by early Saturday.

NAM totals:

post-38-0-71961100-1296617343.gif

Already up to 1.65 for this midweek event add another 2.00 for thisweekend i'll take it.

At least we have a potential rare winter storm to watch.. I find these quite interesting even though I'm not there to experience it.

I agree. I hardly ever watch TWC anymore, thanks to this wonderful forum and the internet in general. But I've had it on all night and just got a big kick out of Cantore reacting to lightning and thundersnow in Chicago. He cracks me up. I must have rewound it and watched it 5 times on the DVR. Did anyone else see that?

Archived