• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 5th and 6th Storm

CarolinaCrusher2000

Well it looks to me that the cold air has penetrated quite nicely into N Ga. today. Kind of surprised that this thread is so quiet given that parts the northern half of Alabama, and the northern third of Georgia are just 2-4 degrees away from what is modeled away from a significant icing event tommorow night into Friday. Not to mention some light mix could begin as early as tomorrow morning for Atlanta south.

Yes, I know 33-35 and rain is most likely. Just don't trust models when its this close, and shallow cold air is involved in these parts.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the analysis and information. So far nothing is going as progged today, but that's not really unusual around here. When it comes to winter weather (which we've had a fair amount of in the last 3 years) it's always a close situation. Most of our big events are the ones that were never even in the forecast. It seems like this one is all going to come down to the track of the surface low in the GOM. The NWS has it tracking further south and east than the local TV mets are showing, so the NWS is leading the hype and the locals are saying it's going to be no big deal. At least this way one group can say they were right all along. :rolleyes:

WSW has been issued and all schools and govt offices are closed tomorrow. The main issue here is the roads. People have no idea how to drive when it's icy, so even 1/4" makes for a huge mess.

Lookout, I hope you can cash in on some of those little flurry bursts in your area tomorrow.

Got my first Freezing Rain Advisory of the season ! I'm just trying to figure out how it's going to freeze with temps in the mid and upper 30's Friday and Friday night ? lol

...FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM FRIDAY TO MIDNIGHT

EST FRIDAY NIGHT...

.TONIGHT...CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET

AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS AROUND 30. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE

OF PRECIPITATION 20 PERCENT.

.FRIDAY...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN...SLEET WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE

OF FREEZING RAIN IN THE MORNING...THEN RAIN...SLEET AND FREEZING

RAIN LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 30S. LIGHT AND

VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...SLEET IN THE EVENING. RAIN AND FREEZING RAIN.

NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE MID 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS.

CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION NEAR 100 PERCENT.

Archived