• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2/1-4 Potential Part II

NortheastPAWx

wait, you posted three pages back that the pattern going forward was no good, that winter may be over, and that the next storm is all rain. Hmmm......:rolleyes:

i didnt post that...i just agreed with someone who posted that the pattern might break down

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest stormchaser

GFS is 1-3/2-4 inches of snow for NYC then rain.

Yea the trend seems to be going more and more towards a GL cutter without redevelopment

I hope this solution doesn't verify. What a disaster if it does.:flood:

I really don't foresee disastrous flooding out of this. No model has a major torch. The GFS is probably the warmest, topping out at ~40F. And it looks like we don't get in on the very heavy rain either.

So while yes, we would lose most of our snowpack, I don't think we would see river or creek flooding, just backed-up storm drains and whatnot.

I really don't foresee disastrous flooding out of this. No model has a major torch. The GFS is probably the warmest, topping out at ~40F. And it looks like we don't get in on the very heavy rain either.

So while yes, we would lose most of our snowpack, I don't think we would see river or creek flooding, just backed-up storm drains and whatnot.

gfs and euro are 45-50 for phl....around 45 for nyc.

What is he smoking?? Where is he getting that from? I'm not seeing anything that suggests that. Granted, things can change, but...wow...

Probably smoking the same stuff these guys at HPC are. I would tend to believe that they have much more experience at interpreting models than you do. I guess I could be wrong about that assumption.arrowheadsmiley.png

EXTENDED FORECAST DISCUSSION NWS HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL PREDICTION CENTER CAMP SPRINGS MD 129 PM EST SAT JAN 29 2011 VALID 12Z TUE FEB 01 2011 - 12Z SAT FEB 05 2011 ..WIDESPREAD MAJOR WINTER STORM TO IMPACT THE PLAINS TO THE NORTHEAST THIS WEEK... ...AFTERNOON UPDATE... NEW 12Z GFS IS MORE PROGRESSIVE WITH THE MID LEVEL TROF AFTER DAY 4 WED THAN PRIOR RUNS AND OTHER MODELS AND ITS ENS MEAN. 12Z CMC/UKMET AND ENS MEANS REMAIN PREFERRED. NO CHANGES TO AFTERNOON FINALS FROM PRIOR HPC PRELIM PROGS. EXPECT A BROAD HEAVY SNOW SWATH FROM THE CENTRAL PLAINS EAST AND

NORTHEAST NORTH OF THE OH RIVER AND MASON DIXON LINE TUESDAY INTO

WEDNESDAY WITH VERY FAVORABLE UPPER LEVEL JET COUPLING. HEAVY

RAINS SOUTHWARD ACROSS THE LOWER MS AND TN VALLEYS TUESDAY AND

WEDNESDAY.

What's up dudes. Took a few days off (relatively speaking, lol). Haven't looked too much into the threat, but this can still be an advisory level event with low level convergence well ahead of the WAA.

How's everybody doing?

Give me a state of the 'pack update!

Wondering about NEPA at this point. I thought this was going to be a slam dunk for us, now we could see the torch and heavy rain.

Probably smokinb the same stuff these guys at HPC are. I would tend to believe that they have much more experience at interpreting models than you do. I guess I could be wrong about that assumption.arrowheadsmiley.png

EXTENDED FORECAST DISCUSSION NWS HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL PREDICTION CENTER CAMP SPRINGS MD 129 PM EST SAT JAN 29 2011 VALID 12Z TUE FEB 01 2011 - 12Z SAT FEB 05 2011 ..WIDESPREAD MAJOR WINTER STORM TO IMPACT THE PLAINS TO THE NORTHEAST THIS WEEK... ...AFTERNOON UPDATE... NEW 12Z GFS IS MORE PROGRESSIVE WITH THE MID LEVEL TROF AFTER DAY 4 WED THAN PRIOR RUNS AND OTHER MODELS AND ITS ENS MEAN. 12Z CMC/UKMET AND ENS MEANS REMAIN PREFERRED. NO CHANGES TO AFTERNOON FINALS FROM PRIOR HPC PRELIM PROGS. EXPECT A BROAD HEAVY SNOW SWATH FROM THE CENTRAL PLAINS EAST AND

NORTHEAST NORTH OF THE OH RIVER AND MASON DIXON LINE TUESDAY INTO

WEDNESDAY WITH VERY FAVORABLE UPPER LEVEL JET COUPLING. HEAVY

RAINS SOUTHWARD ACROSS THE LOWER MS AND TN VALLEYS TUESDAY AND

WEDNESDAY.

So are why your guys worrying. Well get ready for some more heavy snow. Can't wait!!!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hey, nice to have you back. Looks like a winter wonderland out here. Nice whitening up of the snow cover out here this afternoon. Snowing pretty good right now.

What's up dudes. Took a few days off (relatively speaking, lol). Haven't looked too much into the threat, but this can still be an advisory level event with low level convergence well ahead of the WAA.

How's everybody doing?

How's everybody doing?

20" measured in multiple areas, here....some melting today as expected, but all in all the glacier builds from the bottom up. You need to get on this next threat pronto and add some thoughts...

Yes with the last storm my mom was supposed to get rain down in Asbury Park. Instead she got some sleet and oh about 15 inches of snow.

Euro and GFS were like that with the last storm and look what happened. Lets hope the storm trends much weaker and lets also hope the storm transfers to the coast.

Archived