northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Winter Storm FAIL next week

Ji

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even if the Euro was right at day 10 about a warm up, the N. Hemisphere map shows a strong ridge popping N of the Caspian on its way to a position NE of the Caspian, the famed "Cahirs Connection" that forebodes cold air returning to the eastern US

http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/charts/medium/deterministic/msl_uv850_z500!Geopotential%20500%20hPa%20and%20Temperature%20at%20850%20hPa!240!North%20hemisphere!pop!od!oper!public_plots!2011012712!!/

so it ain't the end of the world if it happens since you would think that if the Euro is correct in whatever is causing a warm up in the east, it would be correct with the ridge NE of the Caspian

I know its kevin Wood, but this is unbelievable

168994_1746210662551_1457310780_1831084_3417252_n.jpg

sorry, that's too much

you can't even appreciate anything else that would fall

EDIT: plus you can see how its piled up real high all around the driveway to give an appearance the snow is 5' high everywhere

I'd like to see the rest of the yard before being convinced it all looks like that

sorry, that's too much

EDIT: plus you can see how its piled up real high all around the driveway to give an appearance the snow is 5' high everywhere

I'd like to see the rest of the yard before being convinced it all looks like that

i dunno.. they've had like 60" of snow this month, plus 1-2' right before jan started. my sis in law shot me an e-mail yesterday saying it's like nothing she's seen (before this last foot) and she was in buf for a few years.

sorry, that's too much

i call your bs...if you had 50 inches on the ground and the models were showing another 10-16 coming, you would be on it like usual

The setup really does look good. I'm really liking the ridge out west and the nice, cold high in Canada. MJO is helpful, too. Get some warm air over that entrenched high and squeeze out the atmosphere. We got a dynamic storm last night - a fairly peaceful snow would do me very well.

Of course, a nasty, dynamic sucker would be OK, too. :whistle:

i dunno.. they've had like 60" of snow this month, plus 1-2' right before jan started. my sis in law shot me an e-mail yesterday saying it's like nothing she's seen (before this last foot) and she was in buf for a few years.

I'm 6' tall and last year the banks were higher than me and I will tell you this much...it was not easy to get the snow up there...it's definitely a staged picture but no doubt there is a ton of snow up there.

I'm not saying its bogus per se

I'm saying that the driveway has been cleared and the snow thrown onto the area adjacent to the driveway which creates a buildup of snow

maybe pics of the rest of the yard show that the top of the snow is at the peak of the mounds along the driveway, I don;t know

but it really doesn't matter to me since its way to much

I had 40" imby last year and it was too much

once it melted I wanted more, but there comes a point for me when its too much

I'm 6' tall and last year the banks were higher than me and I will tell you this much...it was not easy to get the snow up there...it's definitely a staged picture but no doubt there is a ton of snow up there.

i hear ya no doubt tho it's obviously easier to create a big pile right next to where you're plowing/digging then evenly distribute it around the lawn. they've had like 6-8' of snow in the last month going back to dec 26. before that almost none. if it doesnt cut back to what it was before that area is looking at their snowiest winter ever it seems.

i hear ya no doubt tho it's obviously easier to create a big pile right next to where you're plowing/digging then evenly distribute it around the lawn. they've had like 6-8' of snow in the last month going back to dec 26. before that almost none. if it doesnt cut back to what it was before that area is looking at their snowiest winter ever it seems.

Well they deserve it after the torture of last year...they suffered so much. I'm happy for them

I know, but as Leesburg said, the pic appears to have been taken from 2' above the ground, and look what's on the roof

unless he's cleaning his roof after every storm, you have to wonder a little bit about the accuracy of the pic

I know, but as Leesburg said, the pic appears to have been taken from 2' above the ground, and look what's on the roof

unless he's cleaning his roof after every storm, you have to wonder a little bit about the accuracy of the pic

Eh...I'm just bitter...I want that much snow

Archived