mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Richmond Metro Obs and Discussion Thread

RIC Airport

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bullseye I believe was 6z... 12z was out to sea. Euro has the storm at 12z... a slight compromise toward the gfs would be nice.

Thanks, late to the party today. It would be nice to have a shovelable event.

Still light sleet in downtown, very light but still audible on the windows.

Despite what models have currently for the February 9th-11th threat. This storm still does not have much blocking to work with. It is an event dependent on what happens with the low that develops on the 8th and strengthens as it moves out into the ocean as well as how far the energy digs out west. We COULD see snow... but its not a classic set up.

This is the first day I've sunk my teeth into this one. I already proclaimed winter over, so crow might be on the plate. Right now the Canadian looks way west with rain, the Euro is a beautiful snowstorm for everyone, and the GFS is a flurry off to the SE. One thing for sure is all of the models moved SE, ie, the Euro is where the GFS was yesterday. That's a bit concerning as I don't feel the Euro has been any better than the GFS this year. We need to see the GFS bounce back west just a little at 0Z, and if not, hopefully the Euro isn't playing catchup. Did I miss anything?

This is the first day I've sunk my teeth into this one. I already proclaimed winter over, so crow might be on the plate. Right now the Canadian looks way west with rain, the Euro is a beautiful snowstorm for everyone, and the GFS is a flurry off to the SE. One thing for sure is all of the models moved SE, ie, the Euro is where the GFS was yesterday. That's a bit concerning as I don't feel the Euro has been any better than the GFS this year. We need to see the GFS bounce back west just a little at 0Z, and if not, hopefully the Euro isn't playing catchup. Did I miss anything?

Hmmm only the fact that NOGAPS is south and east as well. (lol... its been pretty amped this year... for some reason.) The 12z JMA was a nice hit for this area... :o

I'd like the Canadian to come in east tonight.... Euro to maybe drift a bit further east... (Like it's ensembles..) and the GFS to show a better low pressure system than it did at 18z... BUT still to the South-east. :P:arrowhead:

I'd like the Canadian to come in east tonight.... Euro to maybe drift a bit further east... (Like it's ensembles..) and the GFS to show a better low pressure system than it did at 18z... BUT still to the South-east. :P:arrowhead:

I could care less what the models show today, so long as it snows Thursday, LOL... At the moment, I'd like a nice whiskey sour. I think I shall go prepare one.

Only 6 days! ;-p XD Yea plenty of time for this to go down the drain from where its at.

Would be pretty impressive to hit 20" for 2 consecutive seasons at RIC. That doesn't happen very often.

I'm also holding my breath. There is seldom a perfect solution for RIC....this may either move more the the SE or too far the the N bringing us the chance for a changeover. It's extremely difficult it seems to get anything over 12" at the official recording station. Given that its been so long, it would be funny if this thing ends up as a top 3 event...17.8" or higher. :P

Per Allan, the 00z Euro ensembles are more SE of the OP run. :unsure:

I don't mind that.... Lol...I'd rather see them surpressed "a bit" Everyone was ready to write this one off as a an ohio valley storm 1.5 days ago. Now everyone is starting to worry about supression. We really won't know what will happen until we know how the storm exiting off the sea bored early in the week is going to do once out int he ocean. Major pattern indexes do not favor this area.... purely getting driven by short term locations between storms and incoming high pressure systems etc. :P I still fear the to far north west solution a bit more than the to far south solution at this time.

And now are early morning dose of lol.

f126.gif

Latest dgex..

When is DT's next **ALERT** going to come out? :lol:

Good luck to you guys. Sure...we'd prefer you guys mix a bit in order for us to get the most out of this, but I wouldn't be terribly unhappy if you guys got bullseyed and we were on the northern edge of the heavier stuff.

It already did on FB

Archived