Newest Member
    northernriwx
Richmond Metro Obs and Discussion Thread

RIC Airport

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, thunderstorms in winter are not fun. :P

I'm hoping for some snow a week from now.

I'm not a huge fan of tracking thunderstorms anyway. I was more impressed with the temperature gradient more than anything with that image. O-o This whole mid-week storm has one impressive temperature gradient with it. It's more inline what I thought most of the winter would of been like.. with tracks that track in a similar matter... first NNE then turning ENE around the South-East ridge. :arrowhead:

I'm not a huge fan of tracking thunderstorms anyway. I was more impressed with the temperature gradient more than anything with that image. O-o This whole mid-week storm has one impressive temperature gradient with it. It's more inline what I thought most of the winter would of been like.. with tracks that track in a similar matter... first NNE then turning ENE around the South-East ridge. :arrowhead:

All those blowtorch calls are really looking stupid. This January has been colder than last year. And the LR still does not look anything blow torchy. I still see more opportunities for snowfall. And who knows what March will bring. Don't ever under estimate that month.

Enjoy it.......

I hate the run actually... from hour 108.. to hour 132 the overall arctic air mass modifies massively.. and the stupid Great lakes low comes in just in time to leave you questioning whether or not this could trend warmer...

I agree....it really isn't a very good set up whatsoever. No 50/50, no High to the north..

Thanks for posting! :D

I like the top and bottom ones because they really describe the rare conditions experienced in Richmond. Temperatures in the upper teens to around 20°F, 1-2" per hour, less than 1/4 visibility for most of the day!

Completely agree. It's so rare in RIC to get pure-play snow like we had with that storm. Meanwhile, 1 year later it's sunny and temps are headed into the 50s...

Archived