Jump to content

Heisy

Members
  • Posts

    9,445
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Heisy

  1. Atlantic blocking patterns aren’t usually sustained cold. We can still get plenty of snow with normal or above temps. In fact it seems these days we get snow then warm up wash and repeat. Wouldn’t worry about temps. Today we’re seeing models start to give us some scenarios where we benefit from well timed blocking and confluence
  2. It’s another interior hit, but it’s a really dynamic and intense storm. Fantasy land just fun to look at. As a chaser I root on the most obscene solution possible lol. Check out the total snowfall for Ne this run. Pretty crazy for interior.
  3. Gfs goes nuts for the 11th. Weenie range, but I’m sure tip will get his imagination running with that one. Damn lol
  4. Since 12/30/00 is being discussed. Famartin has an incredible archive. His YouTube page has tons of nostalgic vids. From 12/30/00 What’s really strange is I vividly remember the weather channels miss Cleo infomercials in the late 90s early 2000s lmao. I actually recall watching this clip live. Once again, no clue why but I remember every detail of this storm well
  5. Yeah I stayed up watching the precip form off the Carolinas. I fell asleep at like 4-5am right before it started in Philly and slept through the heaviest part lol. I always like to be awake for the first flakes, just my thing. I got 7-8 or so in northeast philly.
  6. This storm is so nostalgic for me. Even though philly didn’t do great it was the first storm I tracked on wx forums. Remember reading DT on wright weather/twc forums posting about it lol. Idk why I remember this, but a few days before this event models actually had a huge Miller A system. Of course that didn’t come to fruition and the northern branch did its own dirty business.
  7. Man check out the 6z gfs. Run its loop in entirety. It’s just swfe after swfe. If you guys can tick a little colder it could be a parade of storms with all this pac energy undercutting the block.
  8. Man the 12z NAM H5 at the end of the run looked nice as well. Storm chasing potential for back to back events? Sounds like a plan
  9. Amazing looking block at end of euro run. That is a friggin pretty Atlantic. Pac looks okay too. Came close to having a big storm day 9 imo. If that wave was stronger...
  10. Phin I swear was just about to post saying you’d probably nutted after seeing this run lol. I’d contemplate chasing up there if this idea holds, I’m off from work after I finish job tomorrow so I could spend a few days up there. Highly considering it!
  11. Boxing Day is my least favorite storm of all time. It started with the crazy gfs runs 2-3 days out when all the models had lost the storm only to bring it back. It was Looking like we’d be right in the heart of it, but those crazy deformation bands stayed just to my east (philly). I vividly remember reading your guys NYC obs thread and earth light having a weeniegasm while it was piling up. One day philly will get one of those pivots. They either setup too far Nw or too Far East.
  12. I think this time next week we’ll have some very interesting events on the horizon. Aka we’ll be digital snow tracking lol. I’ll ban myself if I’m wrong but I’m starting to get excited.
  13. Like Walt will say, if storm potential is real you usually want the cmc to come in juiced. It’s likely too juiced, but a good signal for warning event
  14. CMC also tries to cut an ULL off under the block day 9. It forms too Far East, but tip was talking about that event earlier today. One thing with blocks is the potential for slow moving closed off events. Down here in Philly it may be one way I can cash in. Man you guys complain but you have no idea how lucky you are lol
  15. Hey just wanted to let ya know I plan on moving to Worcester next fall. Depends on work of course, but the next 10 months will be solely working on that goal. Excited! You guys will never get rid of me then, sorry.
  16. My Sv maps have 8-12” in MA
  17. Ukie Looks kind of interesting 144 hrs. Idk how temps are between 120-144
  18. No cold air unfortunately
  19. Yeah but last few runs starting to increase that wave strength. I think temps will end up being the issue
  20. Euro did try to get that follow up wave up the coast. Regardless of ptype it was a huge nod to the para idea
  21. All that and then the Ukie comes in completely amped haha
  22. I agree, what a big chance on cmc. Let’s see what Ukie/euro have in store...cmc is a nice hit for SNE day 7
  23. Wait till you see the cmc. Farther south HP It doesn’t have precip north of md line at 120 hrs
  24. Majority of winter? Huh? It’s not even NYE. We have 3 full months technically with how March is these days. In fact I’d venture to say March is the best winter month of the season lately at least down here in Philly. Yeah you can subtract a week - 12 days in January right now based on the look currently, but we’re just getting started.
×
×
  • Create New...