Jump to content

Heisy

Members
  • Posts

    9,445
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Heisy

  1. Yeah ukie barely has an inch in philly so you get the idea
  2. How many times does the gfs do this in big storms. It’ll catch up with other models eventually. You guys are fine up there. Eps destroys the GFS with QPF at least down here in Philly. I’m probably headed to Allentown or something.
  3. Anyone in the far Burbs got a place I could come stay at and chase?!
  4. The Canadian and rgem have been steadfast on that.
  5. Yeah I know i was being sarcastic, and I’m in like 3 hour sleep. Will be interesting where the Max snowfall radius on the models moves. Curious if Boston does better than places like NE Pa when all is said and done. Lots of those tucked members are worrisome
  6. Ugh, I like New England, but you guys really gonna make me drive 7 hours again? Thanks aholes
  7. Yep. Climo for the city will be like 6-10” then mix. Someone NW of the city will see 2 feet minimum. Two runs in a row the euro has this crazy pivot precip shield. Those are signs of the big ones. This is an interior Pa jackpot storm, but I hope I’m wrong and we see SE trend today.
  8. Down here in Philly this is looking more typical. A lot of these big ones we max out around 8-10” and then mix/dry slot. I really don’t want to chase, but once we get closer I might have to if some of these crazy totals continue being shown.
  9. Yeah we have a good shot for sure, but gun to my head id rather be like NW NJ or poconos right now.
  10. Yeah I think we got our best shot in 2 years for 6+, but we’ll see...all of a sudden Monday is trending snowier and snowier even maybe into the city as well.
  11. My kind of weenie. I’m already trying to figure out a way to get out of work midweek if I have to travel to poconos from Philly or something
  12. It’s wrong for the city. Maybe some snow in the normal elevated burbs, butbIt’s showing snow with temps above freezing at 925 etc
  13. It’s all downhill from here on that run lmao
  14. Not sure if trolling, or if you don’t know what an average is.
  15. I don’t pay attention too much to records, but it seems all we ever see are record highs. Record lows only come in spurts it seems like a night or day. When is the last month during a cold season where the month was near top 5 or even 10 record low?
  16. Yeah, I believe this was the 2nd part of the first part that busted down in DC. Think the low slowed down and got captured. I know because my dumbass storm chased to VA instead of waiting a day or 2 and storm chasing up SNE, one of my major life regrets lol.
  17. Yep. This storm legit sent me into a month long depression as a 15 year old. (Yeah I’m a bit strange)...One of the NE forum members has a nice write up if you google it, but back then the 12z euro didnt come out until evening times, and if im remembering correctly there was no 00z euro. I think one of the 12z euro runs finally backed down, but the AVN stayed on board for a bit which is why forecasters had trouble reversing courses. Ill still always remember JBs newsletter few days before. What a bastard storm. I also remember Ji and Noreaster hyping it up for a week on wright weather lol...what a beautiful 500mb though, so damn close.
  18. Actually I’d rather the AO rise now in November than later. This is just weenie science, but what matters is post thanksgiving.
  19. Ohhh right right, I’m mixing up the years. Still remember Jan 25 that year but not much else. I left in the evening to a WWF event of all things and TWC saying storm is shifting west. Came home around 11 to a winter storm warning for 6-12 and tried staying awake for the first flakes...checking the radar at every 8 on the clock on the local forecast...such a dork haha. Of course I passed out, but caught the tail end of the heavy stuff before the dry slot.
  20. It just seems we’ll never know the exact answer to that because there are just too many factors. Not only dealing with meteorological, but we have constant changing climate issues as well.
  21. One of my favorite winters in Philly. If you’re talking about 00-01. It had an event pretty much every month. Just an exciting winter with the NAO in late December. Dec 30 still the first legit snowstorm I stayed up all night on wxforums. I remember speaking to Ji at like 2 in the AM he was depressed since the skies were clear with a winter storm warning lol.
×
×
  • Create New...