Jump to content

NJwx85

Members
  • Posts

    19,801
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NJwx85

  1. I still think that with such a crappy air mass that it’s not going to matter much. Yesterday I was confident in 6-10” up here in Rockland. I think 3-5” is a better call today. We shall see. If it comes in as a wall it could briefly over perform. The problem is the strong Easterly flow along the coast until after the low passes. Over the ocean temps will be in the mid 40’s.
  2. Went back and looked at my original post. I said almost all rain, maybe an hour or two of slop. I stand by that statement. I don’t believe any sites in NYC record over 2” unless things trend differently today.
  3. You’re using a 10:1 map which is highly innacurate in this storm. Temps are in the mid 30’s. At best you’re looking at 1-3” in NYC and in the outer boroughs facing the water that could be generous. Look at the positive snow growth. White rain doesn’t count.
  4. Models are in agreement on a sub 980 surface low tracking over Lake Erie. The current model depiction would bring heavy rain and very windy conditions even well inland. Potential for widesprad 2-4”+ of rain and wind gusts in excess of 50mph will result in a moderate to high threat of power outages, made worse with saturated grounds. Area rivers which have recently experienced flooding will once again be stressed. Rapid snow melt, especially in Northern areas will exacerbate the flooding threat.
  5. The super high res models like the FV3 Hi-Res indicate that accumulatins are very elevation dependent with this system. Even across Rockland which usually does well in these systems could see less than 2” on the Southeast portion near Nyack and over 10” in the hillier areas that border Orange County.
  6. I have nothing new to add that hasn’t already been said. Steep gradient that should run East of the GSP (Spring Valley/Montvale) and South of 287/87 in Rockland and Westchester. The difference beteeen Yorktown and Yonkers could be over 6”. Places like West Milford and Warwick with some elevation will be near a foot or more. This is a 5-6 hour quick dump unless the secondary system works out for Sunday. My current thought is whatever falls Sunday morning will be light and not impact totals much.
×
×
  • Create New...