-
Posts
3,757 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by JerseyWx
-
Yeah agreed, they can't keep up with everything.
-
And not only that, but the storm threads go way off topic as of late.
-
1.3" for this one.
- 82 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- snow
- freezing rain
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Definitely lost a good amount today. You can feel the strength of the sun increasing as it actually feels warm in direct sunlight on days like this.
-
That's what I'm thinking too. Definitely settled down.
-
From what I can see, 22.5" is the measurement here. Not many other locals nearby to gauge how accurate that may be, besides @rgwp96
-
Did my best to get an even measurement that wasn't influenced by drifting. 22.5" was my measurement. @rgwp96 @ForestHillWx
- 1,925 replies
-
- 3
-
-
- heavy snow
- wind damage
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
This is getting ridiculous now, I'll have to measure soon. I imagine it must be 24"+
- 1,925 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- heavy snow
- wind damage
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Think we're in a good spot to see some of the higher totals.
- 1,925 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- heavy snow
- wind damage
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm interested as well actually. Definitely should see inflated totals when you clear the board often.
-
OBs and nowcast later Tuesday morning - Noon Wednesday 1/26-27
JerseyWx replied to wdrag's topic in New York City Metro
Didn't know you did so well with the December storm. Ultimately, if it weren't for that one, we'd be in rough shape. -
OBs and nowcast later Tuesday morning - Noon Wednesday 1/26-27
JerseyWx replied to wdrag's topic in New York City Metro
My bad, 7.5" was my measurement. 10" for the season. -
OBs and nowcast later Tuesday morning - Noon Wednesday 1/26-27
JerseyWx replied to wdrag's topic in New York City Metro
6.5 for the December one. 1 inch on the 3rd, and 1.5 yesterday. -
OBs and nowcast later Tuesday morning - Noon Wednesday 1/26-27
JerseyWx replied to wdrag's topic in New York City Metro
Yeah I have about an inch less recorded. -
OBs and nowcast later Tuesday morning - Noon Wednesday 1/26-27
JerseyWx replied to wdrag's topic in New York City Metro
Thanks, that's what I thought but wasn't home. -
OBs and nowcast later Tuesday morning - Noon Wednesday 1/26-27
JerseyWx replied to wdrag's topic in New York City Metro
I thought we'd see at least three inches honestly. What did you record for the January 3rd event btw? -
OBs and nowcast later Tuesday morning - Noon Wednesday 1/26-27
JerseyWx replied to wdrag's topic in New York City Metro
1.5" here in Butler, NJ @wdrag@rgwp96 -
This winter definitely feels colder than last. I think it's due to the daytime highs. Hasn't been unseasonably cold at night (generally 20's here), but many days that were forecast to get into the 40's have remained in the upper 30's. The longer days are getting more noticeable which is nice.
-
January 2021 General Discussions & Observations Thread
JerseyWx replied to Stormlover74's topic in New York City Metro
Even you have to admit, this has been the trend for the last few seasons. I dislike this pattern too, don't get me wrong. Cold and dry is boring. -
January 2021 General Discussions & Observations Thread
JerseyWx replied to Stormlover74's topic in New York City Metro
Honestly, small events keep things from being boring like right now. I'm always interested in tracking clippers and even lake effect squalls that drop a quick inch. -
March 7. My area cashed in on some major rates. Best I've ever seen. January 2016 was an impressive storm here too.
-
-
I love the Christmas season and the music that goes with it.
-
Definitely. Both explain weather phenomenon very well IMO. Speaking of leaf drop, my neighbors tree (which is almost entirely over our property) usually doesn't shed until after Thanksgiving, sometimes even into December. However, after last Friday's cold and wind combo, they dropped off faster than I've ever seen before. Most other trees around here are either completely bare, or if they do have leaves it is a mix of brown/dull colors. Really not much green left. Unlike last year, I waited to start raking until now, otherwise the leaves come right back.
-
It's a shame, I hope radio doesn't die out. I like 101.1, 104.3, 103.7, and many others. Fun to listen to the various DJ's. But, as we see more and more, the human element of things is being replaced/removed.
