Jump to content

40/70 Benchmark

Members
  • Posts

    79,582
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 40/70 Benchmark

  1. Statistically speaking, precip is actually more correlated to snowfall than temps, generally speaking, once you get above about the latitude of NYC.
  2. I'd be quite alright with a repeat of that winter.
  3. Yea, gotta lay that sarcophagus down....right-
  4. Yea, my days as a booze bag put a nice dent in the memory lol Thanks.
  5. I got like a 5-spot that ended in drizzle. You coasties has been beating me until that point.
  6. Probably right...my memory is thrashed. I just remember dodging piles of slush out in the courtyard freshman year. I remember the thaw started a little earlier near the coast....the last event managed to be mainly a snower where I was, but it was rain in Boston...then the next one opened the floodgates.
  7. I think it was like 11/4/95 that we had a mixed bag leave some slush on the ground, and then it was off to the races from there, right through the holidays....never let up until that mega thaw in mid Jan.
  8. No, can't be.....la nina means -PNA!!!!
  9. I never realized he was such a musical guy
  10. I don't think cold will be much of an issue this year.
  11. That is more my concern for this season...not the temps, but the precip. I think we will have the cold...
  12. January looks dryish on that...
  13. No, I mean just not a ton of precip in general. But there should be some Miller Bs, too.
  14. Same...with two little ones, we had to.
  15. Agree. It def. was not a 5 at LF, but I don't think Fort Myers Beach really cares-
  16. Yea, I mean...I had expected it cool down enough to peak as moderate ONI again, but its needs to start dropping in the next week or two. Would probably need to see the weekly get down to about -1.5c.
  17. Yes, this is the one aspect of la nina that may play out this season. Seeing that play out in a lot of my concurrent analogs, too.
  18. Yea, which I am fine with. No sign of it making it up in 3.4.
  19. I have been saying this all fall....two things are vastly overstated with respect to the ensuing cold season: 1: La nina 2: -PNA Ben Knol had another Tweet with that dumb weight lifting emoji talking about how strong la nina is getting....I pointed out that he has been saying this ALL fall and back to late summer, yet the ONI is UP four consecutive months and counting. I pointed out how useless his comparisons are stating out how strong this current event is relative to climo....."only events stronger at this point are 1998 and 1999", blan, blah", when this event is nothing like those because it is and has been STAGNANT. Its residual, unlike those events, which were flourishing. Crickets. He reminds me of JB, just in the other direction....just looking for clicks, or something...
  20. It has like 40* for my low, which NBD...I have already been in the 30s a few times.
×
×
  • Create New...