-
Posts
79,632 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by 40/70 Benchmark
-
Thanks. Yea, this admin. has killed funding for data......it's why we lost N/CAR1 and the monthly QBO tabular data is no longer updated.
-
Yea, I found that, but not the super ensemble plot...his data seems to be in flux as he is in the process of moving to that site.
-
Anyone have latest links for Tomer Burg super ensemble and TCHP maps? Been away during the CONUS tropical respite over the past couple of years and some of my links seem to no longer be valid....Tomer seems like he is moving his stuff around. Found this one for TCHP, but don't love it. https://cwcgom.aoml.noaa.gov/cgom/OceanViewer/index_phod.html# This was my go-to, hasn't been updated for a couple of years. https://www.aoml.noaa.gov/phod/goos/gliders/images/tchp_conditions_latest.png
-
Yea, should be more a hydro concern than a wind issue....strikes me as a system that will be weakening well before landfall.
-
The forecast track and storm motion keeps the center over relatively deep heat content. Obviously, shallow SSTs remain quite high and untapped due to limited frontal progression and miniscule TC activity so far this season. The system will not be a slow mover, so we must depend on the timing of development and changes in atmospheric conditions: How fast does the TC intensify versus how fast favorable atmospheric conditions deteriorate to hostile? The key limiting factors up to landfall are increasing mid-level shear and potential dry air encroachment to limit or weaken landfall intensity. Looks like minimal cane landfall given just a cursory glance at things...if it looks a bit more compelling tomorrow I may write it up.
-
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
Not really...I basically agreed. Lol -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
I strongly disagree. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
I try to keep it objective, as we all should. -
October Euro seasonal gives me 46.3" of snowfall from November-April...same, exact total as 1997-1998.
-
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
The only interesting weather on the coastal plane of Mass is winter weather....unless you want to count hurricanes, which have been absent since 1991. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
I understand why the snowfall tangent in a main ENSO thread can be frustrating for some, and am sorry for that, but the fact is that that a large percentage of weather circles share a common bond; snowfall is what first compelled us to crawl over to the window, and ultimately acted as the catalyst for that nascent interest in weather that has continued to flourish to the extent that it carries us through even our darkest hours today. It's the fountain of youth in that we get to relive that same, youthful and eternally hopeful jubilance that life would have otherwise long since stolen from us...it's that unique lived experience that binds us with the strongest of social fabric, and it's that unique lived experience that drives the autistic inertia that culminates in my drafting of the longest winter outlook known to man each fall , despite having two jobs and 4 children under the ago of 7. Hope that answers your question, there, spoony-fork. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
You have a subforum for your CC autism. I think the autism implication here is a restricted interest, and I really don't think that fits, dude.....I think I cover a great deal when I write about weather....including CC. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
Yes, it's generally viewed as one of the more compelling elements of weather, which is why it's such a point of focus amongst weather circles. I understand why someone who adds nothing else other than snowfall related banter may elicit some frustration from a few, but I really don't think I fall into that category. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
ENSO is tied to everything, which is why this thread encompasses just about everything....it's generally accepted and tacitly understood. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
Same reason you talk about climate change in an El Nino thread. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
Should lead to the the plateau of the weekly peak. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
Right...I get it. Less snow....not 1.5-3' over interior SNE, but plowable nonetheless. Same page. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
Sure, which is why I understand there wouldn't be 2' in the hills of NW RI if that storm had occurred during the winter, but plows would have been out in that region as sure as Adam is recycling posts about the record El Nino in some foreign language on X as we speak. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
Yea, I'm like 30mi NNW of Boston....right on the NH border. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
You what's funny and sad at the same time? I had 46.3" that winter...since 2017-2018 I have had TWO seasons, including last year, that were better than that. Forgive me taking it and this is how things evolve. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
Okay, your definition of CNE is off and presumably biased by your southern perspective. CNE is from like route 2 northward....we essentially agree then. I knew there must have been something lost in translation- -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
Chris, you're wrong. December 1992 did exactly what I am saying...it buried most of SNE. I was in a suburb N of Boston and had 20"....Boston had like 9", as did much of N RI. The southern third of the region would have had issues, sure. I said MUCH of SNE...NOT ALL. You are saying "antecedent warmth"....which inherently implies a dearth of +PP to the north. If there is a high in place, it will take time to dislodge that cold a stone's throw from the shore. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
Now, if you want to argue that there won't be any cold, that is a different issue....but you time that track with a polar high, and there would be a major snowfall across much of Mass/CT/RI. Is the capture that far south and tug back to NJ ideal? No, but I'm not claiming it would have been 2/6/1978...nonetheless, it would have been a major winter storm. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
Nope.....much of SNE would have been buried on that track....it got captured and backed into the Jersey shore before drifting up to the cape post-occlusion. Your portrayal is disingenuous and makes it sound as though it barreled over the Jersey shore and straight into CT or RI. -
2026-2027 Record-breaking El Nino
40/70 Benchmark replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Weather Forecasting and Discussion
Storm track of the nor'easter last week was nice.
