• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Next possible system Jan 29th.

Mitchel Volk

Brad field, a ct met out of Hartford said don't dismiss the late week threat just yet...he's pretty well respected up this way

There is still an inverted trough threat for NE, and there is always the outside chance it comes back enough to be a scraper for Eastern Mass, kind of like the one earlier this month.

It's over for a major coastal impact. Actually, I'll cover my behind and say it's very unlikely to have major impact. Can't really ever write something off as 0% when it is still a few days out.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really significant changes from the 06z to 12z runs. Not that it will mean anything unless they make another radical shift, which seems highly unlikely this late in the game.

yeah well it's been a highly unlikely turn of events for most of us on this board this week, so you never know bud lol. but models have trended west though including king nam,so there is still some time although small to come a bit more west with this..

yeah well it's been a highly unlikely turn of events for most of us on this board this week, so you never know bud lol. but models have trended west though including king nam,so there is still some time although small to come a bit more west with this..

We can only hope. It's not like we have anything else to track for the next week or two.

yeah but i have hunch that this might actually cut even more west thru-out the day.ill take some snow snowers at this point,just yesterday it was a complete miss so you never know. lol..

Would be fun if we had a Boxing Day esque turnaround, but that kind of thing is rare and, therefore, exceedingly unlikely. So I'll hope without getting my hopes up.

Would be fun if we had a Boxing Day esque turnaround, but that kind of thing is rare and, therefore, exceedingly unlikely. So I'll hope without getting my hopes up.

in a way we already got our big bd turn around i'd say,we went from barely any snow here in the city to wide spread 2 almost 3 foot amounts in about a day lol,my hopes are moderate for this one though.im 2 for 2 on snow events around my area so far,got bashed for it most times.

Sorry to sound as ignorant as I am... What's an IVT?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Inverted trough, known as a Norlun instability trough. It extends back and away from a lp center. Can lead to snows for the area when the lp is a considerable distance away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Inverted trough, known as a Norlun instability trough. It extends back and away from a lp center. Can lead to snows for the area when the lp is a considerable distance away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I gotcha. Inverted troughs usually are more common with thunderstorm squalls heading northeast towards the coast (which causes stronger winds and commas), correct?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

http://www.weather.unisys.com/surface/sfc_con.php?image=3p&inv=0&t=cur

our current low is pretty south compared to what most models have it.just follow the pressure drops tonight folks.while i think it's too small of a window there is still a veryy slight chance this phases just in time esp the more north east you are..

http://www.weather.unisys.com/surface/sfc_con.php?image=3p&inv=0&t=cur

our current low is pretty south compared to what most models have it.just follow the pressure drops tonight folks.while i think it's too small of a window there is still a veryy slight chance this phases just in time esp the more north east you are..

If this was to ever hit the powerball, our low is related to the thunderstorm activity in the Gulf of Mexico. We would need to see that crap by Florida scoot out of the way faster and have the follow-up wave strengthen a lot more.

If this was to ever hit the powerball, our low is related to the thunderstorm activity in the Gulf of Mexico. We would need to see that crap by Florida scoot out of the way faster and have the follow-up wave strengthen a lot more.

correct and by the looks of things it wants to do just that,the second wave is trying to get it's act together in the western gulf currently.

Archived