• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2015 Pattern Discussion

LOL. Brick is a trollbot.

You should read the whole thing. The overall setup favors severe weather, but they say the models disagree on the timing and intensity. 

THOUGH TIMING AND AMPLITUDE DIFFERENCES REMAIN. TO ACCOUNT

FOR THESE DIFFERENCES AND STILL RELATIVELY LARGE MODEL SPREAD FOR A

DAY 2 FORECAST.

WHILE THE OVERALL KINEMATICS AND THERMODYNAMICS STILL APPEAR

FAVORABLE FOR A SEVERE WEATHER EPISODE...CONTINUED LARGER THAN AVG

MODEL SPREAD REGARDING THE TIMING AND AMPLITUDE OF THE UPPER

TROUGH...AS WELL AS QUESTIONS REGARDING THE DEGREE OF WARM SECTOR

DESTABILIZATION OWING TO EARLY DAY MULTI-LAYERED CLOUD COVER...LEND

HIGHER THAN AVG FORECAST UNCERTAINTY TO THE TIMING/EVOLUTION OF

CONVECTION SAT AFT-EVE.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooooooo looking forward to this cool down this weekend!!!! Only problem is indeed the big warm up right back to where we are now. GSP looking at mid 80s over the next 2 weeks after that with lows in 60s. That is going to be absolutely torturous after this weekend, and not fallish in the least. Looking for that permanent cool down!!

NWS local offices don't make forecasts that far out. 

Looking dry today, as usual! I'm glad I got my .6 inches of rain during the big wet!

I will enjoy the cool air, but not the continued dryness of the next 10 days or so

Bad thing is we're going into the dryest part of the year. Not sure when the increase from el nino would typically start, but as you said, I do like the drop in temps.

Bad thing is we're going into the dryest part of the year. Not sure when the increase from el nino would typically start, but as you said, I do like the drop in temps.

From what I've read about this coming niño , the flip to the wet pattern is sudden , usually the end of October, early Nov, then it's really , really wet, a complete 180!

If you go to the NWS website, on the main page it shows a map depicting what a typical El Nino is like for the US. It shows dry weather for the Ohio and TN Valley and also much of the deep south with wet weather from LA to Jacksonville. I guess the I-20 corridor is too far north to benefit from the rainfall El Nino brings.

If you go to the NWS website, on the main page it shows a map depicting what a typical El Nino is like for the US. It shows dry weather for the Ohio and TN Valley and also much of the deep south with wet weather from LA to Jacksonville. I guess the I-20 corridor is too far north to benefit from the rainfall El Nino brings.

HUH???? The Carolinas and a good part of GA have above normal rains during an El Nino.

The NC state fair rains will be coming soon!

Archived