Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Official Picture Thread

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great shots Don! Love the Eagle. 

Are those the Northport stacks in the background?.  They look so close; gotta love the depth perception with the zoom.

Thanks NorthShoreWx.

I believe that they are. The number of stacks and the stripes both fit the description and Northport is almost directly across the Sound from Rye.

Thanks NorthShoreWx.

I believe that they are. The number of stacks and the stripes both fit the description and Northport is almost directly across the Sound from Rye.

Very cool.  I pulled out the map and it looks like the beach in Rye is about 16 miles just north of west of the Northport stacks.  I've been playing around with the 18 - 55 kit lens forever.  One of these days I am going to invest in some different glass.

I was out at the bluffs in Kings Park this evening, but only had my cellphone with me.  Hopefully some of those pics will be salvageable because it was pretty cool.

Very cool.  I pulled out the map and it looks like the beach in Rye is about 16 miles just north of west of the Northport stacks.  I've been playing around with the 18 - 55 kit lens forever.  One of these days I am going to invest in some different glass.

I was out at the bluffs in Kings Park this evening, but only had my cellphone with me.  Hopefully some of those pics will be salvageable because it was pretty cool.

I'll look forward to seeing any of them that are posted. Hopefully, you had a spectacular sunset.

Archived