• Last Reply

local AFD doesn't say much...

Developing coastal low off the southeast coast on Sat may brush

close enough to the Carolina coast to produce some clouds but

current forecast holds any pcp off shore. Shortwave digs down

across the East Coast and should hold the system off shore. By Sat

evening the shortwave swings off shore and expect cold and dry

weather to continue into Sunday. Temperatures on Sat will have trouble

making it into the 40s and will drop down once again into the 20s.

This will be worse than any other snow miss this winter if we can't get snow on the coast from this storm. I mean...come on!! :arrowhead: Snow in the ocean!!!

This would definitely go down as one of the most heartbreaking misses if it verifies. 50 miles offshore its snowing like crazy while we sit on the coast looking at virga.

Folks,

The NAM (12Z) is back at giving SAV light snow Sat. AM (**fwiw** since it is still an outlier). Furthermore, it now gives SAV measurable snow of 0.2" with 32F temp./25 TD as it is snowing! I'm not buying this since it is out on its own pretty much and climo says snow is very rare there, but this will be followed.

Folks,

Although still saying no dice, the 48-54 hour maps of the just released 12Z Euro do suggest that the offshore low of 1/22 is a litle bit stronger as the 500 mb energy hangs back ever so slightly more than the prior run. Time is running out, but let's see if this is a new trend developing on the Euro fwiw.

Folks,

I spoke too soon in saying "no dice". The coast from Beaufort, SC, (0.04") to the city of Charleston, itself, (0.09') actually gets qpf on this run vs. ~nothing on the 0Z Euro. MYR also gets 0.09" vs. ~0.01" on the 0Z Euro. All qpf is for when 850's are 0C or colder. Trends, my friends, trends.

Archived