Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weeniedom classic posts from Weeniegeddon

Ginx snewx

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:18 AM

Guys I am very concerned about the speed of the precip shield and speed of the overall storm.

I think this is going to bust in many zones.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:13 AM

Looks like a fog out there right now with the porch light off. Flake size is perfect. This looks every bit like the predawn o 12/16/07

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:12 AM

WEENIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good morning

Thanks dude.. naked on couch laptop on lap

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:22 AM

JUST SAW A FLASH AND HEARD THUNDER!!!

wow bridgeport CT east bound is getting into 3/hr rates........NW RI getting buried. wow.......someone in NW ri is gonna get 20 ....even thou the storm is only gonna last from 1 am to 1pm.

The inflow on the radar SSW of Block Island is absolutely insane. This is easily the most healthy looking inflow I've seen since 12/9/05...it looks like it too with the compact little dryslot and just absolutely going to towan north of it...it should keep intensifying too over the

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:52 AM

I'll never doubt the NAM again..Absolutley nailed this storm. Nailed it

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:57 AM

Looking at radar I'm concerned at how fast this is moving, am I wrong to be worried, I was hoping it would at least snow lightly into tomorrow

afternoon, it looks like this is moving real quick....of course, I'm not a met.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:59 AM

That dryslot is making me slightly uncomfortable...

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:12 AM

Better looking line of T-Storms approaching SNE now than all of last summer

Yeah probably. Weathafella was freaking me out earlier though. lol.

Wow, it was calm here but just in the last minute or two the first gust of wind kicked up. That dry slot looks ugly.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:28 AM

It's amazing how moods can change when you go from 38 dBZ to 5-10 dBZ lol.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:31 AM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:32 AM

Heavy sleet pouring down. After a big front-end dump, looks like RI and SE Mass will probably be dry-slotted. Once again, congratulations Western New England/ NYC area. If anyone sees 20", it will be W Ct or the southern Berkshires. .

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:32 AM

thunder and lightning yea baby

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:33 AM

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

8'' of snow here now, 2'' in the past 30 minutes...snowfall rates are INSANE. The batteries aren't strong enough for me to take video

You can see that dry slot really still ripping north on the box radar. Looks like it gets to around hfd... Points west ok.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:38 AM

Luckily this snow seems to be on the light side, shouldn't be too bad shoveling.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:39 AM

Time to rip into my pint of 101

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:42 AM

That back edge is ripping east pretty fast. Looks like it's ready to clear NYC.

waiting for the 35-40 dbz band from hell to show up on will's linked radar. most bands have been less than 35 so far. i want that darkest of the green. the stuff i saw smoke parts of MD last year....the stuff that shut dc down.....lets get that band going......and then ginx can let the stripper out of the cake.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:56 AM

Ryan bout that SN++ I think I made it when I was shoveling, wow

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:01 AM

Well I think its safe to say the GFS blew this one...

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:11 AM

Snow has stopped almost completely. Was doing good for awhile there, o well haha.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:13 AM

I made snow shoes out of two plastic grocery bags...works pretty well actually

They haven't even plowed my street yet.

I so wish I could find batteries for my camera.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:21 AM

Thundersnow in attleboro!!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:22 AM

Thundersnow here! 4"

Thunder in Boston!!

Just witnessed lightning strike No 2 of the night. Sweet. Heavy snow

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:24 AM

lol...here come all of the lightning reports at once like Dec 05.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:26 AM

Woah! Loud crack of thunder just shook the house!

This is exactly why GAY and I mentioned 20- 30 inch totals the other day and were laughed at. Congrats to us..Ray do a shot for me

20"+ will still be the exception rather than rule

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:29 AM

Lightning strike number two , holy sh it that was fooking long and loud, skies just opened up WTF MAN WTF MAN

CT Blizz, on 12 January 2011 - 04:29 AM, said:

Much of the state will have at least 20..many places more

disagree. Several towns will definitely get 20" but it will not be widespread.

Do me a fav, get 30" so I can tell Will to where to put his synoptic seven...thx lol

Soon to be balls deep statewide...balls deep

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:37 AM

Holy Crap!

Currently under the heaviest snow I've ever seen from this house (since 2004). I can barely make out the tree 300' away, granted part of it is the condensation on the door, but even open, it looks like heavy fog.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:56 AM

This is unbelievable almost right now

The inflow is amazing...not sure if you dryslot or not, but its going to try and get chewed up by that inflow...thats about as ridiculous as it gets save 12/9/05 which may never be matched...but this is close.

Maybe it can give that storm a run for its money a bit later. We still have about 6 hours worth of legit unknown surprises with this as 5h tries to capture this.

When I break 14 inches..I'm gonna jog around the neighborhood naked

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:18 AM

Don't think I'll complain for the rest of the winter.

I haven't seen a dry slot handed it's azz like that in a long, long time.

Looking at this entire thread, have to say it was the best time ever, beats 05. I posted before, best OVERALL storm of my life, beautywise and combo wise, others have there own individual elements but tis had it all and three days later I can look out coffee in hand and it looks the same.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'll never forget Scooter telling me it wouldn't be widespread and Will agreed. Folks only remember the bad calls..never the good

Over caution as they have to be, we were balls deep from the get go, in fact about 5 days earlier we were locked in. Not many times in my life did I see those parameters lined up.

I'll never forget Scooter telling me it wouldn't be widespread and Will agreed. Folks only remember the bad calls..never the good

You have to have reason to find a storm to slow down to get that type of total in a large area....there wasn't a huge reason for this to slow down unless it got captured by the ULL perfectly. I explained it in my thread "what caused Jan 12 to be a HECS?" after the storm.

Models will often try and show it happening (see Oct 29 where it tried to capture it before exiting stage right and slam E MA...never happened) but it doesn't work out. We often see model qpf overdone in coastals...esp by mesoscale models. Its a known bias. So its hard to think we will see 20-30" every time a model puts out 2 inches of qpf, because we've seen it many times before and it doesn't happen.

I think we said in the thread "if this can turn into something like Dec 9, 2005 except slow it down 12 hours, then we might see a HECS"...but there wasn't a heck of a lot of reason to believe it would slow down like that as it neared the Cape. It was definitely a perfect capture of the sfc low at the right time in an otherwise fairly progressive system.

Archived