joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Snowstorm Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just woke up. Heavy snow. Even in darkness, I can tell that it's less than 1/4 mile visibility. Three inches new, so far. Snow began a little before 11PM, so it's averaged in inch/hour since it began. 24F.

Radar looks great. Ryan, could this be the one?

Back to sleep (or try to). Alarm set for 4:45.

It does look great. NOt sure what else to say about it right now other than I feel very comfortable about 12"+ statewide still.

The radar is starting to look amazing for interior SNE for a possible pivot point somewhere....but sometimes it can be deceiving and can change in a hurry as everything rapidly develops a little further eastward. But I'm liking the trend.

Also, I wouldn't pay attention to the RUC past about 4 or 5 hours...its been trying to rip the low west all evening only to keep moving it east the next cycle as it gets an hour closer. Earlier tonight it had a run that landfalled the low like W of PVD, lol and went over E MA. It brought the dryslot to GC and NW of HFD....and I somehow doubt that will happen. Just as an FYI for what it was doing several hours ago.

I think it's pretty much going like the 0z MM5 had played it out. A QPF bomb is coming up over (the one south of LI) RI/EMA/ECT....whether it's snow for me or not who knows but it's going to be pretty intense precip wise.

Temp down to 33.4 here. This is likely going to be one of those deals where within earshot of the shore there won't be much snow. Back a few hundred yards it'll be the real deal. If the QPF bomb moves up I'll get a snow blitz for a few hours and probably pick up 3-6".

It's snowing at the canal bridges but you can see the ocean influence...Sagamore is struggling to accumulate a ton, Bourne is snow covered.,

I think KTAN had it covered pretty well with their snowfall maps, they long ago figured out it's tough to get it to snow right on the water.

Works for me, if it rained all night here and I could walk the kids back to the further part of the hood and take them sledding in the am cool.

Deep breaths, bro.....You are losing it like I usually do; never seen you like this. lol

Look at this webcam...about 2 miles to my SW maybe 3

http://www.capecodlivecam.com/sagamore.shtml

Sure the immediate coast is getting porked but that's life. Ironically interior Upper Cape may do better than areas along the shore through PYM Marshfield etc...because with an east wind they've got more land and less water to deal with.

Picked up 1.2 inches in last 30 minutes. I'll remember this storm probably for the rest of my life, this trumps almost every other storm i remember. Snow growth is amazing, 30+ dBZ for 2+ hours also helps. Can only imagine what it will look like in the morning. (considering we had 10 inches still on the ground from last storm + drifts of over 30 inches in certain locations.) (drifts from storm after Christmas)

Archived