• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z 1/11/11 model thread

Did read somewhere and it was posted here.. Wish I had the post, but MJO was forecasted to reach phase 8.. Just another variable to see what threat we may have down the road, but yeh, next week, another threat to watch.. It certainly looks like a bigger system..

didn't you say somewhere that the MJO would be in a good phase near this time period too???

Did read somewhere and it was posted here.. Wish I had the post, but MJO was forecasted to reach phase 8.. Just another variable to see what threat we may have down the road, but yeh, next week, another threat to watch.. It certainly looks like a bigger system..

Don't know if this is the thread you're looking for but certainly some interesting comments about the MJO and other indexes as well....

It's been doing that since December, I believe.

I'll be extra wary with a solid Niña in place, but this time the cold is already moving to our side of the globe, we just need the mechanism to bring it out south, and that mechanism might be the MJO/tropical forcing. Not a sure thing, but I believe that a strong warmup is less likely than a good artic dump.

Archived