joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New York Metro Area

earthlight

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The canadian weather model and the navy weather model look pretty strong for the storm that snow11 was talking about.

Looks like a clipper that redevelops somewhere off shore, 850's and thickness will crash to the coast, but surface may be warm.

QPF is questionable as well, although the 0z GGEM had an absolute bomb:

Lol

post-519-0-90413500-1289651716.gif

Looks like a clipper that redevelops somewhere off shore, 850's and thickness will crash to the coast, but surface may be warm.

QPF is questionable as well, although the 0z GGEM had an absolute bomb:

Lol

post-519-0-90413500-1289651716.gif

It's something to watch. But I don't see alot of room for the associated trough to amplfy signficant before reaching the Mid-Atlantic coast.

GFS and Euro split with cold into the east. Euro has it cold 11/19 - 11/22, while the gfs looks to lock in the cold Thanksgicing week.

I think we'll have a bit of a back and forth pattern bias cool/cold through about the 22nd before the cold seems to want to lock in leading up into Thanksgiving and the close of November. Prior to then the plains look to get the brunt of the cold, but next weekend does looks chilly. November looks poised to break the above normal temp streak since this past March..

test8.gifhttp://www.meteo.psu...WF_0z/test8.gif ">

12z GGEM has a cold clipper that passes through our area. Looks like snow on that model.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/data/model_forecast/colour_images/12_054_G1_north@america@zoomout_I_4PAN_CLASSIC@012_132.jpg

Hoping to see something with that clipper thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Same here but the 12z GFS and 0z Euro lost it. The 12z GFS ensemble mean has a little more precip than the op run but the clipper doesn't amplify. It is just a weak wave that passes by the area.

Archived