joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New York Metro Area

earthlight

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you've got your plow gear in place or planned?

lol.....going to attack that monday......as you you know we got alot of snow down here last winter, so im going to need to make some upgrades. Lookin for a new fisher xv as we speak.......salt is on order....just have to get the 3 trucks prep. But still doing fall clean-ups....so will do one at a time. Good to see you hear...i know we had our diff when we first started, but you are a good poster and look foward to ur obs and look on things. hope all is well my man

lol.....going to attack that monday......as you you know we got alot of snow down here last winter, so im going to need to make some upgrades. Lookin for a new fisher xv as we speak.......salt is on order....just have to get the 3 trucks prep. But still doing fall clean-ups....so will do one at a time. Good to see you hear...i know we had our diff when we first started, but you are a good poster and look foward to ur obs and look on things. hope all is well my man

You and I never had a tussle as far as I can remember...and if we did, I apologise. I can't complain, life is chucking me wood......

Deep deep knee bends as we enter Winter 2010-2011......

You and I never had a tussle as far as I can remember...and if we did, I apologise. I can't complain, life is chucking me wood......

Deep deep knee bends as we enter Winter 2010-2011......

Yep i just put two and two together.....confused you with someone else....good to have you back....you are a top notch poster

Def a cold regime setting up into December. We might see nice snows for December with Arctic air coming down and a nice -NAO settling in place.

Yep, looks like we have the storm on the 17th, clipper a day or so after that, followed by a strong -PNA and a weak ridge in the area, before everything crashes by late november and the arctic drops into our backyards. NAO looks solid all the way through, PNA is atrocious to tolerable

post-519-0-74606400-1289704547.gif

Although the GFS fails to produce any snowstorms, at this range it still looks very good to me. The blocking is in place and the amount of cold air we have to work with on our side of the globe is pretty impressive for this time of year. It's also trying to dig several big-time shortwaves deep along the west coast. We need those type of systems with the lack of the real STJ this year. All good signs at this point. Still only 11/14.

I was also 35!

Nice-- we dropped 30 degrees from yesterday's high of 65 here.  It feels like fall again :P

JFK is 4 miles away and was 4 degrees warmer lol.  But I bet the discrepancy between LGA and its surroundings was even larger than that!  I guess NYC is like LGA when the winds calm down.

Archived