northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Ohio And Surronding states...(WVA,KY,PA,IN,MI) Part 2

Steve

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2m temps are a hitch in this one right now... 850's and 540 line is all good but we got mid 30's to upper 30's to contend with. We'll see what happens.

ehh euro showed 10" over here in the eastern 1/3 today. I dont think cmh has much of a shot too far west. For that matter I think the euro is on crack. I dont think I have any chance of seeing what the EURO showed. And hoosie. euro had me below freezing while the 0z gfs is +6°. I wouldnt call that close but to each their own lol.

ehh euro showed 10" over here in the eastern 1/3 today. I dont think cmh has much of a shot too far west. For that matter I think the euro is on crack. I dont think I have any chance of seeing what the EURO showed. And hoosie. euro had me below freezing while the 0z gfs is +6°. I wouldnt call that close but to each their own lol.

I'm talking about the overall evolution, not necessarily what it's showing in dilly's backyard.

The 12Z NAM is on board now for a potentially significant snow event over parts of OH and western PA.

Amazing how much the models have shifted over the last 24 hours. Now looks like the H5 low will cut off pretty good.

CLE still calling for light accumulations.

The 12Z NAM is on board now for a potentially significant snow event over parts of OH and western PA.

Amazing how much the models have shifted over the last 24 hours. Now looks like the H5 low will cut off pretty good.

Yeah, interesting event. With the amount of warm air this is wrapping in, Columbus will probably change to snow before Cleveland. Accumulations are a bit tricky but certainly looks like a moderate to heavy band will set up.

GFS is riding the bus as well. Looks like a narrow band of heavy snow... someone is going to be surprised or disappointed.

12z NAM = 17" for CLE

12z GFS = 14" for CLE

I have no idea what the euro showed but the american models are pretty close. Hopefully this area gets the shaft as that would be a true slop fest with temps hovering around freezing throughout.

Ensemble members are all over the place on snowfall. With the upper-level system trying to cut off as banding develops, I think strong uncertainty will persist until the low really starts to deepen.

It's an unusual setup. Right now I'm calling for 3-15 inches for my location (Akron).

Ensemble members are all over the place on snowfall. With the upper-level system trying to cut off as banding develops, I think strong uncertainty will persist until the low really starts to deepen.

It's an unusual setup. Right now I'm calling for 3-15 inches for my location (Akron).

Lol that's a lot of damn leeway lol

:popcorn:

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH

FRIDAY EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CLEVELAND HAS ISSUED A WINTER

STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH

FRIDAY EVENING.

RAIN WILL CHANGE TO WET SNOW THURSDAY NIGHT AND THEN THE SNOW WILL BEGIN TO TAPER OFF FRIDAY EVENING. LOCATIONS IN THE WATCH HAVE A POTENTIAL FOR 6 TO 10 INCHES OF WET SNOW WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS UP TO 12 INCHES ESPECIALLY CLOSE TO LAKE ERIE. THE TRACK AND SPEED OF THE LOW WILL DETERMINE EXACTLY WHICH LOCATIONS RECEIVE THE HEAVY SNOW. THE LOW IS EXPECTED TO MOVE FROM OHIO

NORTHWARD THROUGH WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA AND WESTERN NEW YORK. IF

THE TRACK CHANGES THIS WILL IMPACT THE SNOWFALL AMOUNTS.

woohoo PIT pulls the trigger

Woohoo pit pulls the trigger

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING. * HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...POSSIBLY MORE THAN 6 INCHES.

* TIMING...LATE THURSDAY EVENING INTO FRIDAY EVENING.

* IMPACTS...DIFFICULT TRAVEL, PARTICULARLY FOR THE FRIDAY MORNING COMMUTE WHEN SNOWFALL RATES CAN BE GREATEST. POSSIBLE POWER OUTAGES, PARTICULARLY SINCE SNOW DENSITY CAN BE THE HEAVY WET TYPE. * WINDS...WEST 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES...30 TO 35.

* VISIBILITIES...NEAR ZERO IN HEAVY SNOW.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF MORE THAN 6 INCHES...THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS. REPORT YOUR SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BY CALLING TOLL FREE...1-877-633-6772.

:popcorn:

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH

FRIDAY EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CLEVELAND HAS ISSUED A WINTER

STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH

FRIDAY EVENING.

RAIN WILL CHANGE TO WET SNOW THURSDAY NIGHT AND THEN THE SNOW WILL BEGIN TO TAPER OFF FRIDAY EVENING. LOCATIONS IN THE WATCH HAVE A POTENTIAL FOR 6 TO 10 INCHES OF WET SNOW WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS UP TO 12 INCHES ESPECIALLY CLOSE TO LAKE ERIE. THE TRACK AND SPEED OF THE LOW WILL DETERMINE EXACTLY WHICH LOCATIONS RECEIVE THE HEAVY SNOW. THE LOW IS EXPECTED TO MOVE FROM OHIO

NORTHWARD THROUGH WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA AND WESTERN NEW YORK. IF

THE TRACK CHANGES THIS WILL IMPACT THE SNOWFALL AMOUNTS.

#$%@

Talk about bullish. Since the Euro was the first of the models to catch on to this a few days ago, that's a good sign. Absolutely nuts that the NAM and GFS are indicating 17 and 14 inches respectively for Cleveland.

woohoo PIT pulls the trigger

Woohoo pit pulls the trigger

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING. * HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...POSSIBLY MORE THAN 6 INCHES.

* TIMING...LATE THURSDAY EVENING INTO FRIDAY EVENING.

* IMPACTS...DIFFICULT TRAVEL, PARTICULARLY FOR THE FRIDAY MORNING COMMUTE WHEN SNOWFALL RATES CAN BE GREATEST. POSSIBLE POWER OUTAGES, PARTICULARLY SINCE SNOW DENSITY CAN BE THE HEAVY WET TYPE. * WINDS...WEST 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES...30 TO 35.

* VISIBILITIES...NEAR ZERO IN HEAVY SNOW.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF MORE THAN 6 INCHES...THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS. REPORT YOUR SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BY CALLING TOLL FREE...1-877-633-6772.

Wow... zero visibility! This looks like a beast coming in. I hope it doesn't mess with my flight Saturday. It's supposed to be gone by then, but I wouldn't be surprised if it tries to linger around.

Archived