• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Ohio And Surronding states...(WVA,KY,PA,IN,MI) Part 2

Steve

Also of note, just one below freezing night at CLE this month! I think the heaviest rain might set up just to our NW today, nonetheless it's been a soaker, Cincinnati is now around a foot of rain this April.

It seems like it has been a lot colder. I can remember several mornings early in April with frost but it must not have goin below freezing.

Yeah, looks like the heaviest rain is setting up just NW of here. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some heavier rains tonight though.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at CLE data back to 1948, the earliest last freeze was April 8th in 1955. Barring any major cold snap, we'll be able to push that record up 5 days to April 3rd this year.

Look's like the earliest at YNG are April 8th in 1987 and 1955. It hasn't dropped below freezing since April 6th this year.

CLE should break the record for rainfall in April. Just need another 1.73. What an incredibly wet month this has been.

Wow, that record is going to come a lot faster than previously thought. CLE has picked up 1.70" today. So the question now becomes, by how much do we blow the old record out of the water?

If only we could have had this pattern in winter!

Wow, that record is going to come a lot faster than previously thought. CLE has picked up 1.70" today. So the question now becomes, by how much do we blow the old record out of the water?

If only we could have had this pattern in winter!

lol. I was thinking the same thing... we would be buried.

I didn't think we would get that rain much yesterday.... it rains where is wants to rain I guess. Be nice to shut off the tap but I could easily see the area getting another 2"+ by the end of the week. Heck, one good storm could put that down. Looks like the rainiest month on record is 11.05"... it would be a long shot to hit that but not completely out of the question.

lol. I was thinking the same thing... we would be buried.

I didn't think we would get that rain much yesterday.... it rains where is wants to rain I guess. Be nice to shut off the tap but I could easily see the area getting another 2"+ by the end of the week. Heck, one good storm could put that down. Looks like the rainiest month on record is 11.05"... it would be a long shot to hit that but not completely out of the question.

It definitely rains where it wants to. What looked to be a soaker of a week turned out rather dry with a few passing showers for a couple hundredths of an inch.

The winds have been relentless. Lots of fallen trees and downed power lines this morning from the overnight gales. Lots of inoperable traffic signals this morning, was quite the mess.

• 1 month later...

CLE posted the 10/11 snowfall graphic. Pretty nice winter in the primary and secondary snow belts. Hambden looks like the big winner in OH.

Shaker Heights 110.0

Lyndhurst 113.5

Solon 133.9

Sagamore Hills 130.9

Twinsburg 136.5

Streetsboro 128.7

Hiram 118.5

Chagrin Falls 153.7

Hambden Twp 167.3

Montville 147.3

Chardon 151.4

Russell Twp 137.0

Burton 131.9

Kirtland 122.5

Warren 71.8 NEAR YNG LOL :whistle:

CLE posted the 10/11 snowfall graphic. Pretty nice winter in the primary and secondary snow belts. Hambden looks like the big winner in OH.

Shaker Heights 110.0

Lyndhurst 113.5

Solon 133.9

Sagamore Hills 130.9

Twinsburg 136.5

Streetsboro 128.7

Hiram 118.5

Chagrin Falls 153.7

Hambden Twp 167.3

Montville 147.3

Chardon 151.4

Russell Twp 137.0

Burton 131.9

Kirtland 122.5

Decent winter overall with a good synoptic end in March, and nothing in the region for April.

I had emailed them asking about the CLE total and the other total near Edgewater. They agreed that the CLE total was probably about 6-10" too low for the season, but the FAA officially measures, not the NWS. That Edgewater total in the text list is impossible. The other reporter a few miles from me on the west side of Cleveland had ~79", very comparable to my 76". CLE likely had a similar total between 75" and 80" adjusting for the measuring inaccuracies.

We just had our wettest spring on record in over 130 years of records, at least we were able to cash in on the wet pattern for 2 snow storms when it shifted in March. However, can you imagine if we had our wettest winter on record instead with the types of temperatures we had this winter?

I swear they overdo the Mahoning River effect on these every year. How could 400' cause a difference of 50"?

Because officially KYNG had a ridiculous amount of snow, so the graphic has to account for that ridiculous official measurement. Hence you are going to have a crazy intense gradient to account for the anomaly even if it is only a minor elevation change.

Decent winter overall with a good synoptic end in March, and nothing in the region for April.

I had emailed them asking about the CLE total and the other total near Edgewater. They agreed that the CLE total was probably about 6-10" too low for the season, but the FAA officially measures, not the NWS. That Edgewater total in the text list is impossible. The other reporter a few miles from me on the west side of Cleveland had ~79", very comparable to my 76". CLE likely had a similar total between 75" and 80" adjusting for the measuring inaccuracies.

We just had our wettest spring on record in over 130 years of records, at least we were able to cash in on the wet pattern for 2 snow storms when it shifted in March. However, can you imagine if we had our wettest winter on record instead with the types of temperatures we had this winter?

I noticed the Edgewater report and thought that was odd. I'm not sure why FAA does the measuring at CLE. 6-10" is a considerable amount to be off. But I guess it is what it is. The graphic and text totals clearly show how inaccurate the YNG total was.

It was an incredibly wet Spring. Normally we would have seen days of dry, cool weather with a NE lake breeze. I think I've had more t'storms so far this year than all of last summer. It would have been unbelievable to have that wet of a pattern match up with the cold temps this past winter.

It's amazing how quickly the ground has dried out. The clay soils are cracking spots yet 2 weeks ago these areas were under water. It has been a great start to summer. I'm hoping the the heat and humidity come back soon with the ring of fire overhead.

Shaker Heights 110.0

Lyndhurst 113.5

Solon 133.9

Sagamore Hills 130.9

Twinsburg 136.5

Streetsboro 128.7

Hiram 118.5

Chagrin Falls 153.7

Hambden Twp 167.3

Montville 147.3

Chardon 151.4

Russell Twp 137.0

Burton 131.9

Kirtland 122.5

What are some values for % of normal snowfall for DTW, LOT, CLE, CMH, IND, southeast cities, northeast cities?

What are some values for % of normal snowfall for DTW, LOT, CLE, CMH, IND, southeast cities, northeast cities?

Not sure about the other cities... I think there's a thread about that but its probably moved down the list. CLE was just above normal for the year. 61" is normal for the season. The totals posted above are from the snowbelt... and were close to normal for the season as well.

Ring of fire arriving next week? CLE seems optimistic --

LONG TERM /MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY/...

-- Changed Discussion --THE QUESTIONS IN THE EXTENDED PORTION OF THE FORECAST REMAIN... HOW MANY THUNDERSTORMS WILL WE HAVE TO GET THROUGH TO GET UNDER THE RIDGE...IF WE CAN GET INTO THE CAPPED AIR AT ALL? HOW HOT WILL IT GET... AND WHEN WILL THE NEXT COLD FRONT PUSH THROUGH TO BREAK THE HEAT?

A COUPLE OF GOOD THUNDERSTORM COMPLEXES CAN RUIN A FORECAST AND IT IS NOT CLEAR TO ME HOW MUCH WE WILL DEAL WITH. I AM GUESSING THAT THERE WILL BE ACTIVITY AROUND MONDAY INTO MONDAY NIGHT AND HOPEFULLY THE RIDGE CAN BUILD IN FOR TUESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY. NOT CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO REMOVE ALL MENTION OF SHOWERS/STORMS FOR THE ENTIRE FORECAST AREA BY TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY BUT WILL HAVE LOWER POPS. I THINK IT WILL GET QUITE WARM BY TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY UPPER 80S OR LOWER 90S. IF WE WOULD STILL BE DEALING WITH THUNDERSTORMS...IT WILL PROBABLY TRIM VERY LITTLE OFF THE TEMPERATURES UNLESS IT WERE TO BE

OVERCAST...AND HUMIDITY LEVELS WILL BE HIGH SO NOT MATTER HOW YOU SLICE IT...IT LOOKS TO BE A HOT AND HUMID STRETCH. THE MODELS ARE NOT IN AGREEMENT ON THE ARRIVAL OF THE NEXT FRONT...SOMETIME LATER WEDNESDAY NIGHT OR THURSDAY. WILL START TO TAPER OFF THE SHOWER/STORM THREAT FROM WEST TO EAST ON THURSDAY

• 1 month later...

Hopefully the storms in Western lake erie can survive the trip across the lake. We could certainly use the rain. The lake shadow has been keeping all the activity to the south lately... or disappating the storms as they approach. The line is looking strong, but still a long way to go.

Hopefully the storms in Western lake erie can survive the trip across the lake. We could certainly use the rain. The lake shadow has been keeping all the activity to the south lately... or disappating the storms as they approach. The line is looking strong, but still a long way to go.

It's been relatively dry in terms of rain events. Basically we've had two thunderstorms here in the past month or so that dropped some rain. The lake looks to be rapidly killing these cells approaching now. We'll see in an hour or two if they become stronger near the shore.

PS. It's probably time to retire this thread for the season.

It's been relatively dry in terms of rain events. Basically we've had two thunderstorms here in the past month or so that dropped some rain. The lake looks to be rapidly killing these cells approaching now. We'll see in an hour or two if they become stronger near the shore.

PS. It's probably time to retire this thread for the season.

Are you under water this morning? Looks like some places on the west side had 3-4 inches last night. What a light show... almost continuous lighting for 2 hours. Picked up over an inch here of much needed rain. The 2 storms we've had the past month both came in from the NNE... not your typical pattern thats for sure.

Yep. Time to retire this thread.

Archived