• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Ohio And Surronding states...(WVA,KY,PA,IN,MI) Part 2

Steve

Anyone see the latest Euro? Dumps a solid 3 inches of snow on central Ohio Sunday morning :weight_lift:

Odd storm. IF the second storm develops as the models have been showing most of central and eastern will see snow on the backside.

So how long before Dilly comes back :popcorn::P

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd storm. IF the second storm develops as the models have been showing most of central and eastern will see snow on the backside.

So how long before Dilly comes back :popcorn::P

Never left. But I don't want 3" of slop. After 3" of rain majority of that wouldn't stick anyways. Only way I want a snow storm now is if it is 8"+

Never left. But I don't want 3" of slop. After 3" of rain majority of that wouldn't stick anyways. Only way I want a snow storm now is if it is 8"+

Glad you're still here. I would really like this storm to bypass us east or west... doesn't matter. Just no more heavy rain. This area really needs to dry out. I'm with you... if it is not going to epic snow, forget about it. Bring on March 2010 please.

Glad you're still here. I would really like this storm to bypass us east or west... doesn't matter. Just no more heavy rain. This area really needs to dry out. I'm with you... if it is not going to epic snow, forget about it. Bring on March 2010 please.

Climo still says another foot for Cleveland. But the trend has been shortened intense winters with late starts and early finishes.

Climo still says another foot for Cleveland. But the trend has been shortened intense winters with late starts and early finishes.

Darn climo. I'm sure we'll see some more snow. Too bad the trend isn't early starts and early finishes.

The snow left on the ground just doesn't want to melt... even with full sun. It is so solid from the rain I watched my neighbor back his car on the snowbank without even going through it.

Darn climo. I'm sure we'll see some more snow. Too bad the trend isn't early starts and early finishes.

The snow left on the ground just doesn't want to melt... even with full sun. It is so solid from the rain I watched my neighbor back his car on the snowbank without even going through it.

Snow is gone here. River is finally going back down a bit, but with 3" of rain possible, it could be a nightmare.

Yeah early winters are best.

This weekend bears watching. Latest NAM looks good for 6" or so, but the trend is extreme variability. CLE needs another 6" this season to eek out normal. But once the new climate norms are updated, the bar will be raised to 68 inches next season.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned about the potential for a very major snowstorm in eastern Ohio... some areas could see 1-2 feet, especially in the snowbelt. This situation (with the two-waves) is very reminiscent of the April 2, 2005 snowstorm which dropped 1-2 feet in northeast Ohio and up to 3 feet in northwest PA (although NW PA might be too warm with this event for heavy accums). If you recall with that event, there was heavy rains across eastern Ohio and western PA on April 1 (I think it was colder with that storm though and CLE-west saw some significant accums with the first wave but were left out of the second wave).

Again, this is just speculative but something to watch out for. Even if it does occur, expect CLE to downplay the potential. With the 2005 storm, I was forecast to get an inch or less. Went to bed, everything was disorganized and there was only a half inch. Woke up to close to a foot with a well-developed lake-enhanced deform band and ripping snow rates (though it winded down really quickly after that). Most of the snow fell in about 8 hours.

wtf??

where did this come from? I did notice iln put snowshowers in the forecast saturday night

Don't worry... as was correctly pointed out to me, it's only the NAM showing this, so it's probably way wrong.

Hmmm. This might be a whopper for someone. Still plenty of time to evolve.

whistle.gif

Wow. Huge bust potential with this one. Check out the 06z GFS and NAM. GFS has 1" of snow while the NAM shows 13".

Not sure what the Euro showed. The one common theme with the NAM and GFS is a lot of water. Around 2.40 on both. Time to build an ark.

Wow. Huge bust potential with this one. Check out the 06z GFS and NAM. GFS has 1" of snow while the NAM shows 13".

Not sure what the Euro showed. The one common theme with the NAM and GFS is a lot of water. Around 2.40 on both. Time to build an ark.

And the NAM goes east. The funny thing is that I barely noticed any standing water this past week. Even Monday morning my yard was puddle free. There's excellent drainage living close to a beach cliff.

The Sunday threat is just that, a 10% chance or so of something developing. But with the ever elusive app runner track possible, the pay out could be huge for someone between CLE and BGM.

And the NAM goes east. The funny thing is that I barely noticed any standing water this past week. Even Monday morning my yard was puddle free. There's excellent drainage living close to a beach cliff.

The Sunday threat is just that, a 10% chance or so of something developing. But with the ever elusive app runner track possible, the pay out could be huge for someone between CLE and BGM.

gotta admit, that does have an ominous look though

post-622-0-39716000-1299253349.jpg

Yep, the NAM was the odd model out. Your drainage must be good if you didn't see any standing water. If you are in the area check out the dam that broke on the Chagrin River in Gates Mills. Pretty interesting sight to see. The drive down chagrin river road is always nice anyways.

It will be interesting to see what happens come Sunday. BUF seemed to favor a slower solution... which I believe would bode well for areas further west should the low develop.

There's still a slight threat for Ohio with this upcoming storm depending on the ultimate evolution Saturday night into Sunday. I haven't really paid much attention to it, but something worth mentioning in this thread.

Now on to day 3 with the NAM and GFS tossing around heavy snow for eastern Ohio every couple runs. NAM gives CLE 10" while the GFS gives CLE 4".

Now on to day 3 with the NAM and GFS tossing around heavy snow for eastern Ohio every couple runs. NAM gives CLE 10" while the GFS gives CLE 4".

Trent - I haven't been paying too much attention to recent model runs. Just looked at 12z. Huge difference between the NAM and GFS. I don't think any model is going to handle this situation very well. 2-4 max? Looks like the PA / NY border is the sweetspot. Congrats BFD.

Trent - I haven't been paying too much attention to recent model runs. Just looked at 12z. Huge difference between the NAM and GFS. I don't think any model is going to handle this situation very well. 2-4 max? Looks like the PA / NY border is the sweetspot. Congrats BFD.

It will be a nowcast situation. There could be some lake influence coming into play as well. But in all reality, 2-3" will probably do it. The WRFs have been hinting at a whopper, but in all likelihood that's got a 20% chance of happening.

It will be a nowcast situation. There could be some lake influence coming into play as well. But in all reality, 2-3" will probably do it. The WRFs have been hinting at a whopper, but in all likelihood that's got a 20% chance of happening.

Good call. Haven't measured yet, but looks like somewhere between 2 and 3 inches fell overnight.

Seasonal snowfall at 93"... including the weekends snowfall. Right about average for the season. Hopefully we'll get a few more spring-like days soon. Spring snow is just a nuisance.

Yep. Sitting right at normal for the season here too. I'm betting we add another 2-4" to close out the season. CLE still needs 4" for a normal season.

Archived