amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Ohio And Surronding states...(WVA,KY,PA,IN,MI) Part 2

Steve

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like 3" or so here in Newark...flake size is small too. Looking at the radar I don't know how we will get over 4". Of course being in a radar no-mans-land between ILN and CLE doesn't help.

Look at me. Im PIT, county above me is CLE county to the sw(licking) is ILN.. Talk about stupid lol.. It's all going to depend on if we get into heavier banding tonight. Plus the temps are dropping, and the flake size should increase quite a bit. Then after this one I'll start tracking the next one tonight lol. Euro is a big hit for us at 12z.. So looks like it could be an exciting pattern through mid february. And I believe we will see a monster late feb early march. Something along the lines of march 08, maybe not quite as bad but over a foot. But we'll see.. Now I get to go drive in the stuff.. LOL

Just got back home. MAN, from about 2:30 - 5:00 it was just absolutely rocking here. Looks like about 4.5" here at my location in Westerville. Haven't had a chance to look at things. More on the way?

Still sticking with 3? lol.. still haven't really gotten big flakes. They increased a tiny bit earlier but now back to dust. 3.5 here with heaviest snow occuring here later tonight.. still moderate here, just so fine.

I'm driving and us 36 between warsaw and coshocton is a nightmare. 2" of snow covering the road. I'm starting to think Odot is cutting back costs..

Trent or skater if your hanging around please let us know what your storm total ends up being. Thanks in advance

1.5 inches or so as of 8pm. Will probably be a 2.5-3" event total.

Winds are from the NW, such a shame the lake is mostly frozen!

1.5 inches or so as of 8pm. Will probably be a 2.5-3" event total.

Winds are from the NW, such a shame the lake is mostly frozen!

Same total here so far. Looks like the synoptic snows may end in an hour or two. Seems ahead of schedule to me.

Tonight will be the lakes last show for a while. The ice concentration still isn't that great over the central basin so there will be moisture flux... just how much remains to be seen. I think we might be good for 2-3 more inches of LES. The cold nights this weekend should bring the end to any LES potential.

Same total here so far. Looks like the synoptic snows may end in an hour or two. Seems ahead of schedule to me.

Tonight will be the lakes last show for a while. The ice concentration still isn't that great over the central basin so there will be moisture flux... just how much remains to be seen. I think we might be good for 2-3 more inches of LES. The cold nights this weekend should bring the end to any LES potential.

yea, euro had good snows falling here until 6z. I dont see it happening. I dont see us doing much better than we have unless it starts banding and moving north.

yea, euro had good snows falling here until 6z. I dont see it happening. I dont see us doing much better than we have unless it starts banding and moving north.

I'm not sure what is going to happen... you are probably better off as you are south of here. Snow looks to hang around longer down there. The back edge looks to have slowed down its progress.

No doubt YNG will come in with the highest total in the state. :lol:

Clipper over the weekend then next weeks potential. Good stuff.

You guys won't be hearing much more from us about LES. That's about done for the season now that the big pond is iced over.

LICKING COUNTY...

HEATH 5.1" 749 PM 1/20 TRAINED SPOTTER

Steve, Vespian? im not buying that can u confirm or deny

Have not measured...but i would say at least 4 :thumbsup: Plus i have seen reports of 3.5 -5 inches..Trained spoter and Highway Dept.

Small flakes here..but still coming down decent...Really looks like winter!!

:thumbsup::snowman:

yea, awesome winter scene. I love that first several hours after a fresh snowfall. I measured several different spots and got 3 on the low and 5 on the high. I'm giving it a 4. I was definitely a bit bullish with yesterday mornings call, but at the same time it felt like it was going to fall apart last night when all the last minute modelling came in drier. So it was all good.

gotta find out what the official at port columbus was.

yea, awesome winter scene. I love that first several hours after a fresh snowfall. I measured several different spots and got 3 on the low and 5 on the high. I'm giving it a 4. I was definitely a bit bullish with yesterday mornings call, but at the same time it felt like it was going to fall apart last night when all the last minute modelling came in drier. So it was all good.

gotta find out what the official at port columbus was.

On to the next ;) moon is coming out.

What setting do you use on your camera?

I just have a simple point and shoot. I just make sure the ISO is at the highest setting above 3000.

Looks like a hair under 3 inches here. And judging by the reports from MFD, CAK, and YNG, the areas in the southern CLE forecast area did not better than the lakeshore.

The BUF radar shows some great LES off northeastern Lake Erie, the only area not frozen over.:arrowhead:

Just over 3 inches here. Winds are really blowing the snow around this morning.

It's amazing how much of a synoptic wasteland we've been this winter. Here's to hoping next week trends in our favor. The snow gradient on the euro is nuts. Reminds me of that storm last february that gave us 4 inches and the PA border close to 18".

It's amazing how much of a synoptic wasteland we've been this winter. Here's to hoping next week trends in our favor. The snow gradient on the euro is nuts. Reminds me of that storm last february that gave us 4 inches and the PA border close to 18".

My snow total for the year would be pathetic right now without lake effect. It would be good to see next weeks storm trend a little more NW. The precip gradient is crazy. I think PIT was over 1.5 and CLE was at .25 per Dilly's numbers. That would be painful to watch.

Seems like every time there is storm potential some type of energy scoots by the north and screws things up. Hopefully the path will be clear for this to come more north. Still a long ways to go.

We'd be getting ripped with LES right now if the pond wasn't frozen. Its crazy to think that water temps on lake ontario are still around 40.

December 2010 is not only the snowiest December on record, but it is the snowiest month ever at 53.1". January 2010 will not surpass that total, but it's no slacker. The second snowiest month on record at the National Weather Service office in Trumbull county is January 1999 at 36.4"

January 2011 has piled up 22.7" making it the 10th snowiest January. The 2010-2011 Winter season has inched up to 75.8", just 1.9" away from jumping into the top ten snowiest seasons on record. Keep shoveling!

source: http://www.myvalleyweather.com/content/news/story/January-2011-snow-records/anndIbZ4UES0rvC1wRuLuA.cspx

Archived