Newest Member
    joxey
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good trends today with the upcoming potential

ULL looks like it may want to close off faster underneath SNE which could lead to some fun times.

21z SREF's will be rolling out in about 15 minutes.

I feel good things coming, Pattern is ripe to produce, Now we need model cooperation........ :snowman:

You guys do realize when you immediately lock a thread it screws those who are responding? Anyway

Geoff Fox is not even a met ..He's a rip and reader

Bull****e he turns every great GFS snow forecast into a rain at the coast storm. Biggest warminista ever, hate those kind of weathermen, Gary Ley in PvD is the same way. Joe L is great but would not like him here as he hates snow too. My ideal guy is Herb Stevens the skiing weatherman, always looking for that outside chance, at least he mentions it.

I texted to Scott awhile ago that I was feeling better about this threat as we get closer. We could still totally get shafted, but my guess is that we'll see some pretty decent snow somewhere in SNE out of this.

I would think we would start seeing some trends here at 00z or at 12z tomorow we are starting to close the window...... :weight_lift:

You guys do realize when you immediately lock a thread it screws those who are responding? Anyway

Bull****e he turns every great GFS snow forecast into a rain at the coast storm. Biggest warminista ever, hate those kind of weathermen, Gary Ley in PvD is the same way. Joe L is great but would not like him here as he hates snow too. My ideal guy is Herb Stevens the skiing weatherman, always looking for that outside chance, at least he mentions it.

He's not degreed dude. He's just like Gayney on channel 3

I texted to Scott awhile ago that I was feeling better about this threat as we get closer. We could still totally get shafted, but my guess is that we'll see some pretty decent snow somewhere in SNE out of this.

I'm feeling it too. It's been really cool to watch the evolution of this on the models from a pure meteorological perspective. I missed the modeled bombs while on vacation but to see this evolve from a whiff to a potential 6"+ event over the last 24h has been cool.

I'm a mere mortal right now so only Mods and Admins can shut er down.

Spoken like a true Met,. LOL, the demand today for me to tell staff if we would have warning snow Fri Sat was off the hook as we have this huge wellness fair going on. I told them at a directors meeting that it would not be until late tomorrow afternoon before it was even close enough to consider if it would snow at all. Then the usual comments started about how you guys have the only job in the world were you can be wrong a quarter of the time and still get paid etc etc etc. I gave them what I thought ,matched pretty much what you said above, one lady said, well that's a lot about nothing what do I tell my 50 vendors, I said look out the window and then just left the room.

Don't tell Tip...he's already broken into the local high school in Acton and turned on all the bunson burners with a box of long handled matches in tow

Spoken like a true Met,. LOL, the demand today for me to tell staff if we would have warning snow Fri Sat was off the hook as we have this huge wellness fair going on. I told them at a directors meeting that it would not be until late tomorrow afternoon before it was even close enough to consider if it would snow at all. Then the usual comments started about how you guys have the only job in the world were you can be wrong a quarter of the time and still get paid etc etc etc. I gave them what I thought ,matched pretty much what you said above, one lady said, well that's a lot about nothing what do I tell my 50 vendors, I said look out the window and then just left the room.

:thumbsup:

Archived