northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The Jan 9-11 Storm

Wow

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

84- short weaker and a bit faster, which is good as the GOM surface low is weaker with less warm air moving north

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder cheez..........lol. My friends in the I-40 corridor in mid TN crackin my nads and saying no way are going to have fun with me if this whiffs for them. I don't like it so much.

at 90, theres a 1008 low over Mobile. and snow most of north half of GA and Ala and southern Tn.By 96, still snowing hard in Atlanta and the Upstate, just geting into NC :snowman:

QPF output is meager at 102. Less than 0.25" over most of NC/SC. I know you shouldn't rely on it at this stage, but all the models are consistent about it now.

by 90 hrs.. precip shield is smaller. surface low weaker. meh. doubt we'll see much in NC from this run

You may be right, but the trend is good. The precip back west in Ark and Miss has expanded greately I think. Also, the 850's are plenty low in GA to the Carolinas. For whatever reason it still dimishes the precip as it comes our way, but seems to be getting heavier further north and east , each run...so thats a trend.

By 102, the low is on SAV and ATL has just warmed to Zero, Still snowing in most of N. Ga and the Carolinas, but lighter compared to the Miss and Al region.

You may be right, but the trend is good. The precip back west in Ark and Miss has expanded greately I think. Also, the 850's are plenty low in GA to the Carolinas. For whatever reason it still dimishes the precip as it comes our way, but seems to be getting heavier further north and east , each run...so thats a trend.

By 102, the low is on SAV and ATL has just warmed to Zero, Still snowing in most of N. Ga and the Carolinas, but lighter compared to the Miss and Al region.

Robert,

Did you mean east or......... west? It seems precip on the Euro for areas east on the northern side have dropped.

The trend is good for whom? The s/w trended weaker. At best, we'd be on the northern fringe and pick up a few inches based on this trend. Colder trend, yes. More robust s/w with a healthy precip shield, no.

Maybe they're all wrong and the QPF will be much more. I figured that last time for the christmas storm, but was wrong.

Archived