vortex95 Posted 14 hours ago Share Posted 14 hours ago 13 hours ago, CoastalWx said: Ha that’s pretty cool. Haven’t seen sand drifts like that. Recall that time, I think in 2018, big rains on Cape Cod, and the dunes were eroded from rainwater flowing into the ocean! You thought that was funny. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vortex95 Posted 14 hours ago Share Posted 14 hours ago So highest I can find is 8.73" at Blue Hill. Any higher reports that did not make it into the PNS? The pcpn gradients are all over the place. N Shore to S Shore in MA? Ern CC to wrn CC and ORH Co? Seems like frictional convergence played a role as coastal location were low (Rockport 1.20" and Scituate 2.91") and increased not that far inland. Given the entire event was banded pcpn spiraling largely E to W, this makes sense. Imagine the anguish some would be having here from royal screw zones if this was snow and seeing epic amounts not far away. And for once, the max was within 5 mi of Weymouth! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DirtySnowDen Posted 13 hours ago Share Posted 13 hours ago I’ll eat my words. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rimetree Posted 13 hours ago Share Posted 13 hours ago 2.92" total for the last 4 days with some drizzle this evening. Nice event to welcome fall. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CT Valley Snowman Posted 13 hours ago Share Posted 13 hours ago 1 hour ago, vortex95 said: So highest I can find is 8.73" at Blue Hill. Any higher reports that did not make it into the PNS? The pcpn gradients are all over the place. N Shore to S Shore in MA? Ern CC to wrn CC and ORH Co? Seems like frictional convergence played a role as coastal location were low (Rockport 1.20" and Scituate 2.91") and increased not that far inland. Given the entire event was banded pcpn spiraling largely E to W, this makes sense. Imagine the anguish some would be having here from royal screw zones if this was snow and seeing epic amounts not far away. And for once, the max was within 5 mi of Weymouth! Man I didn't realize the lower/outer Cape got pretty screwed rainfall wise. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The 4 Seasons Posted 9 hours ago Share Posted 9 hours ago Hey everyone i just posted a full radar animation of this nor'easter and the Sep 13th heavy rain event from IEM. I'd post it here but i can't upload files that big. There's also the PNS and some graphics i made for these two events. I placed them under winter 26-27 but they are just temporary to share. https://www.jdjweatherconsulting.com/sep-13-2026 https://www.jdjweatherconsulting.com/sep-25-28-2026 4 2 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CoastalWx Posted 4 hours ago Share Posted 4 hours ago 10 hours ago, vortex95 said: So highest I can find is 8.73" at Blue Hill. Any higher reports that did not make it into the PNS? The pcpn gradients are all over the place. N Shore to S Shore in MA? Ern CC to wrn CC and ORH Co? Seems like frictional convergence played a role as coastal location were low (Rockport 1.20" and Scituate 2.91") and increased not that far inland. Given the entire event was banded pcpn spiraling largely E to W, this makes sense. Imagine the anguish some would be having here from royal screw zones if this was snow and seeing epic amounts not far away. And for once, the max was within 5 mi of Weymouth! I think it helped, but I noticed in these events with coastal convergence it’s more or less adding sheet rain type stuff vs the borderline convective elements that came in from the SE. So imo It added to it, but I think it would only explain some of the difference. I noticed earlier in the event it was more evident. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CoastalWx Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago Looks like a cool stretch overall coming up starting this weekend for at least a week or so. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tamarack Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago 16 hours ago, CT Valley Snowman said: Peak seems a solid week early for you? Perhaps drought is playing a role? Maybe, but even after 46 years as a forester, I can't figure out the reasons for great/average/awful colors. We had slightly AN rain in May/June then about 50% of average July thru Sept 26, and met summer was AN but nowhere near our warmest. I've read that drought limits the colors, but it's still a 'maybe' from me. Same opinion for excessive rain. Our worst color year, by a lot, was 2005. May that year was 200% of average rain with 6° BN temp, easily the coolest here. (Ask Tip about May 2005 - he has a strong opinion of that month. ) June thru September had AN temps (Sept '26 will finish about 1.5 BN) and slightly BN rain. By October 7 the color was middling (next to none of reds), 7-10 days later than average. Then 8-10 had nearly 6" rain on strong winds which brought down about 80% of the leaves. Phooey! 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
backedgeapproaching Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago 45 minutes ago, tamarack said: Maybe, but even after 46 years as a forester, I can't figure out the reasons for great/average/awful colors. We had slightly AN rain in May/June then about 50% of average July thru Sept 26, and met summer was AN but nowhere near our warmest. I've read that drought limits the colors, but it's still a 'maybe' from me. Same opinion for excessive rain. Our worst color year, by a lot, was 2005. May that year was 200% of average rain with 6° BN temp, easily the coolest here. (Ask Tip about May 2005 - he has a strong opinion of that month. ) June thru September had AN temps (Sept '26 will finish about 1.5 BN) and slightly BN rain. By October 7 the color was middling (next to none of reds), 7-10 days later than average. Then 8-10 had nearly 6" rain on strong winds which brought down about 80% of the leaves. Phooey! I only have a small sample size of 12 years living here, but last year was by FAR the worst locally. Not even a close second in my opinion. I'm not an expert by any means, but pretty easy to explain last year I think- .75" in AUG and about 2.75" in Sept--that will probably do a number on foliage. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now