Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

18 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I will assure you Ant…it WILL GO BACK!  Cyclical patterns…remember the 80’s?  I do(lived through it growing up….you might be too young ) Very little snow for the most part for years on end. 2-4 and 3-6 was a big storm for more than a decade. 

And That’s why I blocked Allsnow..and so glad I did.   So expect a weenie soon…from a guy who lives 150-200 miles south of most of interior SNE.

NOPE.

• Weenie 2

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes…keep it if it ain’t something substantial.  Just washed the truck…so keep it if it ain’t gonna be a good event. Nobody needs it now. 

Same boat, have a few projects I'd like to work on with my truck, but hesitant to do it because it means my only good winter transportation is down for a few days possibly, winter can stop with this brutal cycle of bait and switch, but wouldn't be a new england spring without a minor annoyance snow threat <_<

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Weathernoob335 said:

Only 21 here so I missed those major record breakers, the stories from my dad though :weenie:

Regardless, early 2000s we got enough to consider it a new england winter, last few years have been basically extended fall and spring, brutal

Lol so you are born in 03… 94 broke a snow record. And 96 broke 94! Then it went bad again. Then the early 2000’s it started to go good again.  Then 2010 absolutely obliterated the mid Atlantic, and snubbed us here. Then ‘11 killed it here. Then ‘12 was a complete Rat. Then ‘13 was great. And ‘14  too. Then ‘15 went bonkers again…especially east, but wasn’t chopped liver here in the west either.  18 was good and 21 was good too. So we take the good with the bad.  It’ll rebound again for sure. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well then I apologize…sometimes it’s hard to read sarcasm in a post sometimes.  

I agree that sarcasm is hard to read for sure. We need a sarcasm emoji on this site. I'm not sure if it would spread hostility though. Personally I use sarcasm a lot but always in good faith. It's just how I am. 

• Like 1

2002 but close enough yeah, I remember those 2010s being some good winters

And 2012 had that nice ice storm atleast, so it wasn't without its excitement

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol so you are born in 03… 94 broke a snow record. And 96 broke 94! Then it went bad again. Then the early 2000’s it started to go good again.  Then 2010 absolutely obliterated the mid Atlantic, and snubbed us here. Then ‘11 killed it here. Then ‘12 was a complete Rat. Then ‘13 was great. And ‘14  too. Then ‘15 went bonkers again…especially east, but wasn’t chopped liver here in the west either.  18 was good and 21 was good too. So we take the good with the bad.  It’ll rebound again for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Weathernoob335 said:

2002 but close enough yeah, I remember those 2010s being some good winters

And 2012 had that nice ice storm atleast, so it wasn't without its excitement

I don’t remember any ice storm in ‘12?  In 11-12 there was the Octobomb, and then 6-7” in mid January here, and that was it.  17-18” total for that Rat season. Only to be beat out here by last year at 12”.  

This year 25” to date..doubled last years shit show.  But still only 50% of average.,

2 minutes ago, ChangeofSeasonsWX said:

Yeah personally I agree that it is all just a bunch of cycles that we go through with snow. Despite what some on here might think, this will never be the Mid-Atlantic. **not sarcasm**

And Especially where you are. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I don’t remember any ice storm in ‘12?  In 11-12 there was the Octobomb, and then 6-7” in mid January here, and that was it.  17-18” total for that Rat season. Only to be beat out here by last year at 12”. 

Checked records, it was 2008, which is incredible because I remember the ice on the lines and trees and power out for a lot of people, I would have been 6 at the time, some memorable storm then...

No idea where I got 2012 :drunk:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Weathernoob335 said:

Checked records, it was 2008, which is incredible because I remember the ice on the lines and trees and power out for a lot of people, I would have been 6 at the time, some memorable storm then...

No idea where I got 2012 :drunk:

Lol!   Ok that makes sense…I remember the 08 ice storm well..very bad in your area…pretty minor here for the most part though..but still icy.  Mid Jan ‘19 we had good thick ice storm here.  

1 minute ago, Prismshine Productions said:

One thing I have noticed is that the timing has slowed down... initially, it was Tuesday morning, and now it is Wednesday

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

First signs of it being Suppressed some….? 

• Weenie 1