• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

It got to moderate rain here for a short bit.  Fedex guy was complaining.  .02 with the first round of what could be a few rounds of showers from the SW as the front eases over our area.  

You look to do better than over this way - no one seems overly enthused with much falling from the front. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Some brighter colors in the band approaching...we should get on the board shortly. 

The shield really seems to be expanding and congealing as it reaches the LSV.   Nothing too heavy except that area down in Adams County but quite the large area of light to mod rain now. 

• Like 1

As we enter the last third of April, the pendulum swings toward some BN again.  Several early April days were BN but since then there has been a 10+ day stretch of AN.    MDT currently stands exactly 4 degrees AN but expect this to get chopped back a bit over the last 10 days of the month.    A real chilly one less than a week away on the GFS.  Icon concurs with the GFS as a trough pivots through but the CMC not as cold that day but chilly others.  18Z Teams are BN every day at 18Z on the GFS except April 30th. 

image.thumb.png.a987fcfd66a155c12503874e3f579b6c.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

When are you planning a return? I'm guessing it'll be tied to a job you find? 

I'm hoping May or June. I have to put my mom's will through probate, and then sell the house and a couple of higher value items, donate clothing and furniture, and then probably trash things I'm not taking and no one else wants.

I have a full house back in PA, so I can't bring a large amount of stuff back with me. There's simply no room for it all.

I may be able to transfer with my company to an account we have in Hazleton. We'll see, though.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Spotter in southern Adams County up to .20.  It is overachieving there.   We are up to .04. 

Where at?  I have gauge in Fairfield and one just north of Harney.   Couple hundredths both places 

25 minutes ago, Coop_Mason said:

Where at?  I have gauge in Fairfield and one just north of Harney.   Couple hundredths both places 

This spotter lives just NE of Emmitsburg.   They also reported several rumbles of thunder.  I have my own network of spotters that assist with that side of my business.  I ended up with .11 here.    A rainy day in the books with light to moderate rain for 3 hours after a morning full of heavy drizzle.  A slow soaker.    If this happened once ever 3-4 days the grass would grow quite well. 

image.thumb.png.347160f55e7f3b129b4a3f894c36dc49.png

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This spotter lives just NE of Emmitsburg.   They also reported several rumbles of thunder.  I have my own network of spotters that assist with that side of my business.  I ended up with .11 here.    A rainy day in the books with light to moderate rain for 3 hours after a morning full of heavy drizzle.  A slow soaker.    If this happened once ever 3-4 days the grass would grow quite well. 

image.thumb.png.347160f55e7f3b129b4a3f894c36dc49.png

No kidding.   No thunder a few miles east.    I’ve built my own network of cocarahs in Adams.   Between me and a few friends I’ve talked into it, I have 7 rain gauge reports.   

No kidding.   No thunder a few miles east.    I’ve built my own network of cocarahs in Adams.   Between me and a few friends I’ve talked into it, I have 7 rain gauge reports.   

You guys are the new age "prepers'

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Coop_Mason said:

Most of the reports in that area on Wunderground (down into MD where the Cell passed over) were .07-.15 so theirs was a tad high but with the .15 near them, it is in the ballpark.    Two reports in Carrol Valley were 1/10" of an inch. 

Yea, just talking the NWS stations.   THV, LNS, MDT, MUI all had .01.  Rare they all agree. 
He got the T. It screwed me for 2 months last summer. Don't underestimate the T bug

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Down to 47 here and heat is on.  House got down to 64 before I pulled the trigger.  Going to be a heat only weekend it seems.

It's going to be one here, too. High of 95 today and 98 tomorrow. My wife comes in today, so she's in for a weather shock when she comes out of the airport...lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's going to be one here, too. High of 95 today and 98 tomorrow. My wife comes in today, so she's in for a weather shock when she comes out of the airport...lol.
The irony if she somehow decides to move out as you're preparing to move home lol

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

The irony if she somehow decides to move out as you're preparing to move home lol

I would be lying if I said I didn't think of this scenario a few times. I some ways, I'm somewhat hoping she has a miraculous change of heart and wants to move here. It pains me a bit to have to sell my parents' home that they lived in and loved these past 25 years. It really is a nice house, and one filled with quite a few memories for me of them enjoying the lifestyle of the southwest desert.

But, at some point most of us end up faced with this dilemma.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I would be lying if I said I didn't think of this scenario a few times. I some ways, I'm somewhat hoping she has a miraculous change of heart and wants to move here. It pains me a bit to have to sell my parents' home that they lived in and loved these past 25 years. It really is a nice house, and one filled with quite a few memories for me of them enjoying the lifestyle of the southwest desert.

But, at some point most of us end up faced with this dilemma.

And that dilemma is heartbreaking and sad at times.