• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

37 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Do they still sell the 5/$1 pretzels outside?   Probably not with covid regardless of price. 

I didn't see the pretzel grocery carts for a few years until last season...regrettably, I did not check the 2023 pricing. When I was a kid I would beg whomever I was with for one of those cold, soggy delectable. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I didn't see the pretzel grocery carts for a few years until last season...regrettably, I did not check the 2023 pricing. When I was a kid I would beg whomever I was with for one of those cold, soggy delectable. 

I asked a "vendor" (loosely stated) how that worked and when they were 5/$1 they paid $.75 for them so they made $.25 per sale, and they were allowed to return a certain amount if they did not sell.   Those puppies are good with yellow mustard. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

For those playing - how is everyone doing with their brackets today? So far, so good for me. I have Duquesne making the Sweet 16 so happy to pull that one off.  

I lost that one but all others have been wins so far.  Rooting on Nevada right now.   By the way, Spring flowers popped up here yesterday.  Rude awakening for them last night though.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I lost that one but all others have been wins so far.  Rooting on Nevada right now.   By the way, Spring flowers popped up here yesterday.  Rude awakening for them last night though.  

Likely a rude-r awakening tonight.

Or more like a rude-r crusher. 

Chester County down this way has an SPS for heightened fire danger concurrent with a Flood Watch.  A rather rare combo platter.

My grid forecast adds up to 1.25 - 2.5" qpf.  Hmmm, at 10:1 ... (if only :snowing:)

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 5:03 PM, Atomixwx said:

Some nerd on YouTube made an EAS scenario about a category five hurricane land falling in NYC. This matches my prediction of a cat 5 running up the gut and land falling at Havre de Grace.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Did anybody else besides me watch this? It is pretty interesting and I wondered what people thought. It was full of surprises. One came close to home as landfall was predicted about where I lived for years in downtown Jersey City about ten blocks from the Hudson River. Another point of interest to me was evacuating NYC area. How could it be done in a matter of days? I thought about that during Katrina as the struggles of people in New Orleans were on TV and later when Superstorm Sandy paid us a visit. There are so many more residential towers and less undeveloped land to absorb water than there once was.

Did anybody else besides me watch this? It is pretty interesting and I wondered what people thought. It was full of surprises. One came close to home as landfall was predicted about where I lived for years in downtown Jersey City about ten blocks from the Hudson River. Another point of interest to me was evacuating NYC area. How could it be done in a matter of days? I thought about that during Katrina as the struggles of people in New Orleans were on TV and later when Superstorm Sandy paid us a visit. There are so many more residential towers and less undeveloped land to absorb water than there once was.
You can't evacuate NYC in that amount of time. Best plan is bring every available huge ship into port ASAP and overcrowd them.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

You can't evacuate NYC in that amount of time. Best plan is bring every available huge ship into port ASAP and overcrowd them.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The storm with 250 mph winds in the Mid-Atlantic wasn't what got you, but the evacuation? Lol

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That choke is one for the ages.  Maybe a top 10 worst choke ever.  Dayton given a 3 point when their foot was at least 25% on the line though.  A total failure there in officiating. 

That choke reminded me of many a 76ers game over the past few years...

• Haha 1

This is the first time in probably 30 years that I haven’t done a bracket.

Getting caught up with work after vacation, I didn’t get the chance to enter the pool that I normally get in.

It’s kind of nice for a change to not be rooting for a certain result.

My St. Joe’s Hawks got knocked out the the NIT last night, so now I can just enjoy casually watching the tournaments.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I had Dayton. I had written them off.

South Carolina killed my clean slate. 7/8 headed into tonight.

Altman has never lost a 1st round game. Never net against him. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This is the first time in probably 30 years that I haven’t done a bracket.

Getting caught up with work after vacation, I didn’t get the chance to enter the pool that I normally get in.

It’s kind of nice for a change to not be rooting for a certain result.

My St. Joe’s Hawks got knocked out the the NIT last night, so now I can just enjoy casually watching the tournaments.

My NCAA team is a no show as well. (Indiana) 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

And Tony Bennett isn't the coach this game!

I'm sorry - that isn't fair. I just heard someone online compare this demonstration to UVA's the other night. 

Uva off the hook.     Colorado State with one of the 5 worst halfs in NCAA tourney history.  Not even high school level.  8th grade boys basketball.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

They better fix those nets before the next game.   A lot of balls getting stuck.

It's interesting watching games in different arenas and seeing the difference in the tightness of the rims. TD Garden in Boston seems to have some very forgiving rims. One of the Western Conference arenas has super tight rims...it's either through or coming back off quickly. 

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's interesting watching games in different arenas and seeing the difference in the tightness of the rims. TD Garden in Boston seems to have some very forgiving rims. One of the Western Conference arenas has super tight rims...it's either through or coming back off quickly. 

Those kinds of differences would drive me nuts if playing. 

• Like 1