• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

2 hours ago, canderson said:

CTP needs to extend that wind advisory east. 

They heard your concern but stuck it to you with a SWS instead.   Also, that is a snow squall warning in the upper right.   Two different states today as to weather.   One of the snowier Marches in some time for some colder areas. 

image.png.ea5a3fc5d6787457aa5234e785b36628.png

Maybe all this wind is just nature training us for what she's about to unleash late summer to fall

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Some nerd on YouTube made an EAS scenario about a category five hurricane land falling in NYC. This matches my prediction of a cat 5 running up the gut and land falling at Havre de Grace.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Cool it’s blowing all my neighbor’s siding off. Sweet. Awesome. 
This has been worst wind of year. Also picked my daughter up from school exactly when that huge wind gust caused the power lines to arc and blow out a transformer causing a massive brushfire by siebert park in camp hill. Saw it happened

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

40 here and breezy. It didn't seem as windy here as what a lot of you are reporting. My station can't capture accurate winds due to it's location, but at MU the highest recorded sustained wind off their 5 minute observations was once at 21 mph, and all other 5 minute readings were in the teens. Top gust was 43.

41 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

40 here and breezy. It didn't seem as windy here as what a lot of you are reporting. My station can't capture accurate winds due to it's location, but at MU the highest recorded sustained wind off their 5 minute observations was once at 21 mph, and all other 5 minute readings were in the teens. Top gust was 43.

That is quite the difference from LNS where they had 6 readings 30 and over for sustained and a high gust of 47.    Still, like you said, it was not as bad there as MDT and CXY that were much more amped than LNS and the tropical storm period at HGR.  Not often I see consecutive tropical storm and over sustained readings up here. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is quite the difference from LNS where they had 6 readings 30 and over for sustained and a high gust of 47.    Still, like you said, it was not as bad there as MDT and CXY that were much more amped than LNS and the tropical storm period at HGR.  Not often I see consecutive tropical storm and over sustained readings up here. 

I didn't even think to check LNS. Good to know. Subjectively, I would guess that my winds were much closer to Lancaster than MU's. Their readings seem...low.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Also, my winds today were not on the same level as some recent events. That I feel safe in saying.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Also, my winds today were not on the same level as some recent events. That I feel safe in saying.

It was downslope wind so makes sense. I have no idea why they didn’t have Cumberland and dauphin in wind warnings because their discussion specifically said downslope winds would be 50-60 mph. 

• Like 1