• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2024 OBS/Discussion

10 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Looks like they have a Blobfest at the Colonial which is a cool place where I've seen several bands. The whole area is cool when you're younger. Now, :oldman:...gotta get my ass in gear! Many good times up that way...

blob.jpg

Yeah my good friend Mr Lobo and me ran out of that once lol

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Not sure where you live and how long but if you go down Main street(?) you'll lose elevation quickly. I was on 2nd ave for a bit.

The movie, "The Lovely Bones" was filmed right outside my place. It was kinda cool...total crowds everywhere. 

"Parts of the classic 1958 horror film The Blob, starring Steve McQueen, were filmed in Royersford. The film The Lovely Bones, starring Mark Wahlberg, directed by Peter Jackson, was filmed in the borough in late November 2007." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR_1RDCh4Js 

I’m actually in Upper Providence Township near PJPII High School - a couple miles from the borough lines. But my address is Royersford. Ah yes, The Blob. I forgot some of that was filmed in Royersford. I always think Phoenixville.

4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Church of Bob Dobbs better than Archbishop Wood

I'll keep hush...and save it for November.

Back to our possible wet ending March beginning April and temps in the 50s. That's some good news right there...Col' got to be!

72F/Looks like a solid sunset   

14 hours ago, RedSky said:

Weather World is predicting stuck in the mud season with a particularly wet stretch through April 17th :o

Guess El Nino dry springs are a thing of the past

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/enso_advisory/ensodisc.shtml

ENSO advisory notes a "La Nina Watch".  Expectations to go ENSO neutral starting in April through to June and then La Nina reappearing over the summer.  Will have to see if that pans out.

Ended up with a high of 76 yesterday after a 47 low and it's currently a mild 56 with dp 47.

12 hours ago, mattinpa said:

I’m actually in Upper Providence Township near PJPII High School - a couple miles from the borough lines. But my address is Royersford. Ah yes, The Blob. I forgot some of that was filmed in Royersford. I always think Phoenixville.

My Grandparents lived blocks from the Downingtown Diner. We used to go there for breakfast when I was a kid.  To me it's always cool watching the movie and seeing all the fireman with the Downingtown gear on and ther trucks in the movie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhiEaglesfan712 said:

The last gasp of winter is coming up this week, and it's looking like just sunshine and no snow. The shovels can just about be put away.

I haven't paid much attention lately because there's no chance of snow but sun may have skated as well...50s/cloudy/rain-ish...Seattle/London style till the end of the month. American Werewolf in London kinda stuff. (Good Flick!)

Corned Beef today, Rubens rest of the week...

50F 

eom.jpg

53 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

It was hot again in the car today, so looking forward to autumn!

60F

Actually not that bad out there w/some clouds and gust. Checking the car/lawn mower oil...besides the baseball cap flying off my head, not bad.

58F/Partly cloudy