• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

Yeah, there's someone wrong with the 12k on that run. At hour 60 it has my area at 27 degrees with a dew point of 3. At hour 60 the 3k has my area at 24 with a dewpoint of 20.  That's why there's returns overhead but it amounts to nothing on the 12k. The weird part, it's saturated from 700mb to 850 then it just skews crazily left. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

ICON spreading the overrunning love here at 0z

It's rocking. So far the 12k NAM was the outlier at 18z and looks like it's 2 to 1 against it at 00z. 

The positive, someone is getting a big snow. The Memphis to Nashville are just about locked in across all modeling. The Plateau is close to it as well. NE Tn, SETn and NW Tn SWVa seem to get less on various models. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John1122 said:

It's rocking. So far the 12k NAM was the outlier at 18z and looks like it's 2 to 1 against it at 00z. 

The positive, someone is getting a big snow. The Memphis to Nashville are just about locked in across all modeling. The Plateau is close to it as well. NE Tn, SETn and NW Tn SWVa seem to get less on various models. 

Agree.  I was waiting for the heavier snow bands on the icon to pivot through NE TN.  For some reason they just dissipate.  Not likely, but I suppose it could have been downslope aided.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

Agree.  I was waiting for the heavier snow bands on the icon to pivot through NE TN.  For some reason they just dissipate.  Not likely, but I suppose it could have been downslope aided.

I honestly would've thought downslope wouldn't be a thing with this particular set up. 

• Like 3

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic