Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium-Long Range Discussion

Holston_River_Rambler

27 minutes ago, John1122 said:

That is the best run for a snow lover in Knoxville Tennessee, that I've ever seen on any model. Two events and 23 inch lollipops showing up in Knoxville over the 8 day or so period.

I cant think of a greater setup for a 10 day stretch of winter in my lifetime if this were to verify, when you factor the snow AND cold.  All that snow would stay put for a long time.  Lucky its a dry snow.

• Like 5

Just now, Bigbald said:

I cant think of a greater setup for a 10 day stretch of winter in my lifetime if this were to verify, when you factor the snow AND cold.  All that snow would stay put for a long time.  Lucky its a dry snow.

Yea if even half of this happens the pressure will be all over TDOT to keep TN open for business

• Like 2

CMC has over half an inch of ice for the 2nd system around the 19th followed by some extremely cold air. Hopefully, that doesn't pan out. That would likely be on top of several inches of snow from the 1st system.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Close to a big dog again on the 12z GFS for the late week system 

Talk about a potentially crazy scenario for NWS offices.."We have upgraded, I mean downgraded,....hell the warning is now a watch that may turn into a warning"...lol. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

14 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Yeah thats nice, wow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John1122 said:

The CMC has us in the single digits and a monster winter storm brewing over Oklahoma and Texas at the end of it's run.

FWIW.  That one at the end of the run (if you look at 500) has no chance to be wintry…..  should cut straight to the Midwest.  Would make sense we relax after the next week.

16 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

FWIW.  That one at the end of the run (if you look at 500) has no chance to be wintry…..  should cut straight to the Midwest.  Would make sense we relax after the next week.

When we start out that cold we often get a front end thump before it rains. Happened several times in 2015. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, John1122 said:

When we start out that cold we often get a front end thump before it rains. Happened several times in 2015. 

Yeah, you are correct.  I shouldn’t discount that possibility.  From a progression standpoint front end stuff can happen before a changeover.

• Like 4

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic