• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, Pa Winter 2023-24 Thread.

meatwad

Wow.. what a mess this thread turned into... Cleanup on aisle 5.

GFS and CMC look decent, Allegheny is right on the dividing line of the higher totals and warm air might be an issue at least at first. Probably not enough confidence for NWS to up to an advisory. Going to be a radar nowcast thing I think.

I dont get all the frustration, if theres no advisory and you get 5 inches do you enjoy it less? If we are in a warning and get 3 does the warning make you feel better? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Wow.. what a mess this thread turned into... Cleanup on aisle 5.

GFS and CMC look decent, Allegheny is right on the dividing line of the higher totals and warm air might be an issue at least at first. Probably not enough confidence for NWS to up to an advisory. Going to be a radar nowcast thing I think.

I dont get all the frustration, if theres no advisory and you get 5 inches do you enjoy it less? If we are in a warning and get 3 does the warning make you feel better? 

It will be nice to see snow falling and not rain for a change. 

• Like 1

Just now, TimB said:

If there’s no advisory and I get 1.5”, I certainly enjoy it less than if I get 4” under a warning, advisory, or neither, yes.

It's gonna be gone by next week so I don't see why you are getting bent out of shape. 

46 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

It's not trolling, we are literally getting 2 inches of rain after this storm. So whatever we get isn't gonna stick around long.

You telling people to calm down after your epic meltdown is rich.

I’m blocking you. Good riddance you’re such a damn troll. 

Well we got the advisory. Let’s see how it goes.

NWS said this, but I’m not sure I can remember a time that the models have “overdone the warm nose”.

Still, think some of the warmer guidance is overdoing the
warm nose, especially north of the Mason-Dixon.

Well we got the advisory. Let’s see how it goes.
NWS said this, but I’m not sure I can remember a time that the models have “overdone the warm nose”.
Still, think some of the warmer guidance is overdoing thewarm nose, especially north of the Mason-Dixon.

Yeah, usually they underdo the "WTOD" for us. Well, it's gametime. Snow and Steelers today. Let's see how they both perform.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoraopolisWx said:

This is for everyone.

If you have a problem with someone, just put them on ignore.  
Makes it much easier. 

That's fair our group is small as it is. No reason to drive away poster's. 

No doubt. 
We all just need to be more respectful of each other. 
It’s gotten less civil in this sub forum the past few years. 
Agreed. I said it the other day. This really isn't worth getting so angry and upset over. There are much worse things in life than missing out on snowstorms. A lot of us have been around a very long time. Tracked a lot of storms. Just enjoy the tracking and discussion about it. If we miss we miss. We should all be used to it by now around here. It happens. Life goes on. Appreciate that we have a forum with other likeminded people to discuss these storms. We get to look at the same computer models the mets look at and talk about it. We didn't have that luxury even 20 years ago. Should be a fun thing not a way to attack each other when things don't work out in our favor. Anyway, that's just my take. Enjoy the snow today guys, whatever we get. And go Steelers!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CoraopolisWx said:

Hopefully the WV stations update soon, to get a better idea what’s downstream. Specifically Wheeling and Parkersburg. 
The closest OH sites are still reporting no precip.  

PKB is reporting rain.

Just now, TimB said:

PKB is reporting rain.

That’s expected though, no? I clicked on the forecast for Clarksburg and it said heavy rain today. Also, the forecast is down to an inch now for our area. So some disconnect there with the advisory in parts of the region.

39 minutes ago, CoraopolisWx said:

Putting a “lol” at the end doesn’t make it ok. 
You need to take your own advice, unless you actually have something of use to bring to the discussion for once. 

Yeah it does make it ok.  It’s a joke.  Tim is bringing nothing to the discussion and keeps bitching, so I’ll continue as well.

6 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

That’s expected though, no? I clicked on the forecast for Clarksburg and it said heavy rain today. Also, the forecast is down to an inch now for our area. So some disconnect there with the advisory in parts of the region.

Yeah, they now seem to be saying we mix with rain in Allegheny county. Oh well. We tried.

Hell, the point and click even up towards Butler includes rain this afternoon.

7 minutes ago, TimB said:

Yeah, they now seem to be saying we mix with rain in Allegheny county. Oh well. We tried.

Hell, the point and click even up towards Butler includes rain this afternoon.

Guess we shall see when the precip actually enters the area. 

16 minutes ago, CoraopolisWx said:

Hopefully the WV stations update soon, to get a better idea what’s downstream. Specifically Wheeling and Parkersburg. 
The closest OH sites are still reporting no precip.  

It may depend on rates. If it starts lighter maybe a mix until heavier returns move in. We will see shortly I guess.