• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

My question is with the temps being almost 70 for some on fri upper 50s sat and 50 today how much would the warm ground plus maybe some heavy front end rain make it hard for the snow to stick with temps in the mid to upper 30s and no real cold air feeding into the system effect us? I know if we get good rates we can fall a few degrees fast. We need to get a bit colder tomorrow night before anything moves in and hope we get some cooling with evap cooling 

21 minutes ago, AccuChris said:

NWS CTP updated their discussion at 9:07PM (before 0z NAM came in) and were already discussing significant snow may now make it down to the I-81 corridor and they will ride the watch still

Good catch, here are this CTP comments.
“there remains some model spread in the exact low track, which could alter exactly where the heaviest precipitation falls. The 18Z EPS for instance now tracks the surface low a bit further south, which could result in the heaviest precipitation falling over extreme Southern PA and shift the axis of heaviest snow from just north of I-80 to just south of it. Marginal surface temperatures and uncertainty where the potential CSI banding occurs argues for riding the current Winter Storm Watch over much of the region. Still can`t rule out significant snow as far south as the I-81 corridor based on the latest southern shift in the models.”