Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

3 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Gfs was a nice little s/se tick. Vort continued to be weaker and a bit more south out west and as it moved E. It was a nice improvement surprisingly. 

The GFS change is the biggest wonderment on my mind as to whether it could snow down our way.  Meso's outside the Nam just not buying it yet though.    When I say snow I mean at least 2". 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Could be a true forum divider - might be hours tomorrow night when north and west friends are ripping snow while those of us SE are hydroplaning on flooded roadways...

The GFS does not change it to snow in Harrisburg until Rush Hour Tue.  IF we did get accums that could be ugly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

The December 2009 storm was modeled 24 hours out with 1" near Dillsburg to 20" near Avondale. Biggest cutoff I've ever seen modeled 24 hours out.

What year did we get blanked completely when we had a WSW? That was awful. The state closed for nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The December 2009 storm was modeled 24 hours out with 1" near Dillsburg to 20" near Avondale. Biggest cutoff I've ever seen modeled 24 hours out.

I think 2016 was also a massive cutoff. MDT had 30, but near Williamsport was close to a shut out if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You missed out on some of the earlier snows....you are probably under 10" still, right? 

Like 10-10.5. The last snow had one of those streamers come right over me at the end and dropped like 1.25" that boosted me for the event.

• Like 1

The question is what do we do if the nam looks like 18z again and the other models go south more? 

Mitch the gem including those off hour gem runs might be the worst model out there. Canadian had a non event and that has 12-18” north side of NYC and a foot in town. 

good news is if nyc gets a foot we probably snow 3-6 here lol 

• Like 1