• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

A couple more very warm days for February on tap today and tomorrow before we begin to cool a bit on Sunday and much chill back to average cold for next week. We could be close but will likely fall just shy of records for high temps both today and tomorrow. Record today is 61 back in 1990 and 62 tomorrow set back in 1960. A slight chance of showers tomorrow but a better shot of rain arriving on Monday with a possible turn to snow into Tuesday morning.
Records for today: High 61 (1990) / Low 14 below zero (1934) / Precipitation 1.86" (1906) / Snow 6.0" (1936)
image.png.b4fb6c433d5dfc71b2e35a9ee9f6b242.png

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

It kind of looked that way at the end of the RGEM as well.

The low opens up much earlier on the CMC vs. the "higher moving" solutions like the GFS.    I think we still want that slower solution allowing it to climb more.  It really never closes on the CMC.   Will be an interesting set of runs at 12Z.    

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

We still have a long way to go until the Monday night/Tuesday am event.

Later today, the NAM & RGEM wil be in range towards the end of their runs.

The Euro & GFS say we are in the game, so it will be interesting to see where this ends up by Monday.

Got that right. We can go from blizzard to bust easily in 1 or 2 modeling cycles.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

The low opens up much earlier on the CMC vs. the "higher moving" solutions like the GFS.    I think we still want that slower solution allowing it to climb more.  It really never closes on the CMC.   Will be an interesting set of runs at 12Z.    

U/l low is a tad stronger and a touch further south and west of 0z. 0z on top and 6z bottom. Both runs have slp at 995 with 6z a touch south and west like the 5h low.

500h_anom.us_ma.png

500h_anom.us_ma (1).png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

U/l low is a tad stronger and a touch further south and west of 0z. 0z on top and 6z bottom. Both runs have slp at 995 with 6z a touch south and west like the 5h low.

500h_anom.us_ma.png

500h_anom.us_ma (1).png

If we get a slp in the 990's then we are still in the game.    I am not as worried about it being south vs. it being weak...weak is not going to overcome the temps being near 40 at midnight on the 13th. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Got that right. We can go from blizzard to bust easily in 1 or 2 modeling cycles.

I guess my point is that at this range I would rather see the stabilizing of the Euro & GFS, with the risk of whiff on the other models instead of a locking in of models saying “wagons north”.

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If we get a slp in the 990's then we are still in the game.    I am not as worried about it being south vs. it being weak...weak is not going to overcome the temps being near 40 at midnight on the 13th. 

Yes, we will need a strong low positioned properly off of the coast to bring us heavier rates to get the chance of good snow to the LSV.

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, we will need a strong low positioned properly off of the coast to bring us heavier rates to get the chance of good snow to the LSV.

Right now, I am just along for the ride.  I do not think any op model shows snow at Rou.    Not on the panel shots at least.   

8 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I guess my point is that at this range I would rather see the stabilizing of the Euro & GFS, with the risk of whiff on the other models instead of a locking in of models saying “wagons north”.

There are not enough wagons "direction" references.  Was just thinking that this AM.   LOL that one finally showed.  (A good thing.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Indeed it is friend -- Hershey.  Team dual championships going on today and tomorrow and the individual postseason gets going next weekend, culminating in the PIAA championships March 7-9 in the Giant Center.  Let's go!

Yes, my bad.   My Bubblers were already knocked into the consolation unfortunately. 

11 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

You a Boiling Springs fan?  I thought you were in Waynesboro school district? 

Check out my name.  LOL.  I live in the Waynesboro District now.  Feet away from Washington County MD district. 

I was at my friend's house last weekend, their son is a soph wrestling at 121 for Boiling Springs, and it is a bit of a mixed thing for me as the son could not even sit down with us and eat a meal for risk of gaining weight.    That bothers me a bit. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Check out my name.  LOL.  I live in the Waynesboro District now.  Feet away from Washington County MD district. 

I was at my friend's house last weekend, their son is a soph wrestling at 121, and it is a bit of a mixed thing for me as the son could not even sit down with us and eat a meal for risk of gaining weight.    That bothers me a bit. 

Haha I just assumed the Bubbler name was related to something else.  Yeah, he shouldn't be cutting that much weight.  It's unfortunate what some kids put themselves through to get into a lineup.  I will say, things are MUCH better than they used to be, with weight descent guidelines more strictly enforced and some of the more egregious weight-cutting tactics being ostracized.

Penn State and Iowa wrestle tonight on BTN for anyone interested in seeing the two premier college programs over the last coupe of decades.  Although, PSU may beat them in a bad way tonight.  Cael Sanderson just has a behemoth going there in State College.  Alright, sorry for clogging up the thread with talk of a niche sport haha.  Back to weather! 

• Like 2

I wasn't a wrestler in my academic career, but  my high school had a big wrestling rep in Baltimore. The year I graduated had 1 National champion (Heffner was his last name) and multiple 2nd place National champs. I don't know what has become of their wrestling program now.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Haha I just assumed the Bubbler name was related to something else.  Yeah, he shouldn't be cutting that much weight.  It's unfortunate what some kids put themselves through to get into a lineup.  I will say, things are MUCH better than they used to be, with weight descent guidelines more strictly enforced and some of the more egregious weight-cutting tactics being ostracized.

Penn State and Iowa wrestle tonight on BTN for anyone interested in seeing the two premier college programs over the last coupe of decades.  Although, PSU may beat them in a bad way tonight.  Cael Sanderson just has a behemoth going there in State College.  Alright, sorry for clogging up the thread with talk of a niche sport haha.  Back to weather! 

they have come a long way. Not perfect, but much, much better. 

always a good match. i'd like to go on record stating i strongly dislike the Brands. That is all, carry on 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

they have come a long way. Not perfect, but much, much better. 

always a good match. i'd like to go on record stating i strongly dislike the Brands. That is all, carry on 

You are certainly not alone in that line of thinking.  The Brands brothers are........something haha.

• Like 1