Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

6 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I agree with them that this is not over.

“Significant changes in the forecast are possible (if not likely)
in the coming days and interests should check back on the forecast frequently.”

Nah, they're just looking for clicks! Lol

• Haha 1

Assuming we can't get the cold to move in fast, next week can work if the vort can be delayed enough for the northern stream to come down and push it south. How could that happen? Well, closed lows have a tendency to slow down and meander a bit without a strong flow and most modeling is showing a closed southern vort that is slowing. The 18z Eps and operational Gfs are hopefully onto this slowing, which has brought snowfall further south on both runs.

This is a low probability event for most south of MDT, with a start as rain for certain, so it would be, at best, a changeover to paste. But there is time, which may be the best feature at this point. Lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Let me take a momment to admittedly misuse the Eps because I'm lazy. That said, %'s did increase as well. 12z on top, 18z on the bottom.

sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_ma (30).png

sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_ma (29).png

We are on the same page. I was just looking at the 18z EPS & the snow map did indeed increase a bit.

The mean low did tick south east a bit & was slightly stronger at 18z.

18z top

12z bottom 

IMG_4956.png

IMG_4957.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, anotherman said:

The ICON actually has better verification scores than the GFS this winter. I’m not sure what to think about this storm. The only logical thing to do is to wait until the NAM is in range. emoji23.png

That's a whole new set of problems right there.:wacko:

28 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Gfs finally showing what I've been waiting for to believe the weeklies' great pattern. PDIII. There are 2 snowfall maps attached because, like PDII, it's long duration (2 days), so you need to ADD TOTALS FROM BOTH MAPS!

snku_024h-imp.us_ma (3).png

snku_024h-imp.us_ma (2).png

Where do I sign for PDIII on this 6z GFS run. You weren’t joking around with this long duration storm that it shows. This pattern is capable of producing events like this. Hopefully it holds & gets some company as the other Ops get in range.

IMG_4961.png

IMG_4962.png

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

Where do I sign for PDIII on this 6z GFS run. You weren’t joking around with this long duration storm that it shows. This pattern is capable of producing events like this. Hopefully it holds & gets some company as the other Ops get in range.

IMG_4961.png

IMG_4962.png

Here’s the snow map for the PD storm 3 day period so you don’t need to do @mitchnick ‘s math.

IMG_4963.png

• Like 2