Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Rgem was way too cold for this AM. 

It was...I only got down to 23.4 here, I think the map you posted yesterday for this morning showed lows about 10 degrees colder. However, the model has consistently undercut both forecasters and other guidance all winter and has often been the closest come verification time. Today was just a bad day. LOL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It was...I only got down to 23.4 here, I think the map you posted yesterday for this morning showed lows about 10 degrees colder. However, the model has consistently undercut both forecasters and other guidance all winter and has often been the closest come verification time. Today was just a bad day. LOL

Got down to 19.4 in Mount Joy and 19.2 in York New Salem.  It was the coldest night of the week so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

I looked at everything before coming in here and knew Bliz would be busy. Buckle up my friend, you've got a lot of work ahead of you this week and hopefully beyond!

Yeah, it looks like we are about the head into some fun times pattern and trackin wise.  of course we can find ways to fail....but could be a fun period.

18 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It has teens for tomorrow Am as well (colder locations).  I bet it is too low again but the suites staying above freezing are probably too high. 

• Like 2

GFS has highs 55-60 for Friday for those following a record opportunity.   The record high for Friday is 61 set waaaayyy back in 2023 and 62 for Sat set in 1960 with GFS getting very near this figure for Sat as well.  The record max low for Sat is 45 which may also be in play as could Friday's 39 with MDT's penchant to be high. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS has highs 55-60 for Friday for those following a record opportunity.   The record high for Friday is 61 set waaaayyy back in 2023 and 62 for Sat set in 1960 with GFS getting very near this figure for Sat as well.  The record max low for Sat is 45 which may also be in play as could Friday's 39 with MDT's penchant to be high. 

Nice thing is that if we do break record high temperatures at official terminals, we won't have to wait long to be informed. 

• Haha 2

Dual Low in PA and VA at 141.  Not going to work out this time.  The low is a good 20mb higher in pressure and will just not be pulling down reinforcing cold for most of PA in this depiction.   Going to need Blizz to fix this at HH. 
image.thumb.png.c2111f0039cb5e756d928d754c8d80bc.png

That low is in bad position. Even if we had artic air in place all it would be a bad ice storm

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Just now, Jns2183 said:

That low is in bad position. Even if we had artic air in place all it would be a bad ice storm

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yea, we would need that transfer to start a panel or two earlier and the primary to not get near Dubois.     In my opinion the only way the 6Z worked was the low strengthening much sooner to our south which pulled in colder air as the air we have going in is not good enough. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I also like the true artic cold after whatever happens with that system...highs on PD are in the low to mid 20's. 

The sad fact is that its 11+ days away  and we just saw what happened to our Monday/Tuesday threat in less than 36 hrs. Hard to get excited this far out 

• Like 1

Just now, mitchnick said:

The sad fact is that its 11+ days away  and we just saw what happened to our Monday/Tuesday threat in less than 36 hrs. Hard to get excited this far out 

Since @Bubbler86 likes to reference Ralph lately...another of Ralphie's favorite "instructions" is to "keep expectations in check" which applies here...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Saw this and broke out into song...

...and now I have a bunch of familiar faces looking in my office wondering what in the hell is wrong with Mike. 

That song has one of the funniest misheard lyrics ever, IMO.  It perfectly fits too.    The real lyric is Shes gone, Oh I, Oh I'd better learn how to face it....and lots of people think they are saying better learn how to bake instead of face it.   As silly as that sounds, if she leaves you indeed better learn how to bake. 

• Like 1