Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Id pay to see that actually.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I'm sure given the "Zoos are Prison" people are probably putting a sizable cramp on the wallets of the Zookeepers, we could probably make this happen on pay-per-view.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Plot twist: They've bussed in one Philadelphia bum and one Baltimore bum, technically mammals, and they're going to square up over a steak, also a mammal, and the winner gets to just decide.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Happy Groundhog Day to those that celebrate! No shadow this year so spring is around the corner....or maybe not! Some light rain overnight with County totals including East Nantmeal 0.13" / Atglen 0.11" / Chester Springs 0.14" / Glenmoore 0.14" / Devault 0.11" / West Chester 0.12" / London Grove 0.11" and Kennett Square 0.09", Looks like some great winter weather on tap for much of the upcoming week with sunny skies and seasonably chilly but not cold temps. A nice break after all the drearies!
Records for today: High 60 (1967) / Low 6 below (1918) / Precipitation 1.69" (1897) / Snow 8.5" (1897)
image.png.e5af2f538466e3f79995ff071412b0de.png
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

.11" of sound machine type rain here through the night.  While I wouldn't call the weather ahead hot or anything like a full blown torch, it will be stubbornly consistent with +5ish AN type temps through much of the next week or two.  Between that and the way December and January came in this year, I would think we're going to make a serious run at warmest Met Winter in history. 

Following up on this, I didn't realize 1931-32 had a Dec-Feb mean temp of 40.3.  No way we're getting anywhere near that top spot.  The second place spot of 38.8 is likely well out of reach as well.  More than likely, we end up similar to last year's #3 ranking.  On the other hand, if the back half of February gets real cold this whole discussion could be moot, and by discussion I mean me talking to myself ha.

12 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Following up on this, I didn't realize 1931-32 had a Dec-Feb mean temp of 40.3.  No way we're getting anywhere near that top spot.  The second place spot of 38.8 is likely well out of reach as well.  More than likely, we end up similar to last year's #3 ranking.  On the other hand, if the back half of February gets real cold this whole discussion could be moot, and by discussion I mean me talking to myself ha.

The Canadian still beating the drum on some BN lows and highs next week. 

People don't realize that from 1930-1960 we averaged 28" of snow a year

From 1990-2020 we averaged 30"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z GFS does not work out as well as the 6Z with the complicated V-Day storm but as it goes into the 300's it is look interesting with a piece pf energy diving in from the mid-west forming a system near the gulf. 

Run eventually goes on to suppress the gulf action until the boundary has moved to the north of most of us.  A wide-ranging ridge of high pressure controls the Northeast for most of the 300's with a trough in the SW....not a positive run though too far out to put much thought in it. 

Thanks - big differences in quite a few years over a short distance. Must have been a lot of mix storms where the Harrisburg area held on to snow much longer. 
1961-1964 is insane. 20" less per year. Especially 62'&64'. Basically half of what Harrisburg got

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jns2183 said:

1961-1964 is insane. 20" less per year. Especially 62'&64'. Basically half of what Harrisburg got

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Some of those years in the 1960s there was nearly a 20" difference between Harrisburg and Lancaster. As Elliott at MU would say..."yikes!"

LOL!

I mean, going off an old man's memory, but as a kid I do remember seemingly every winter was much better to my NW. Always seemed like every storm dropped incrementally more snow the deeper into PA you got. A lot of mix/changeover storms that likely stayed primarily snow to my north and west.