Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

26 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I'll take the 6z Gfs and call it a month.

6z Nam looks interesting, but more for my northern...friends? Lol

upcoming weekend event has been a wonky evolution (transfer wise).  Once that gets sorted out a bit better, maybe some get luck and freshen up.  While I'll concede to the transfer, blocking up north has me scratchin my noggin as to why this will happen as depicted.  also thermally, 700's are okish, but 850's are really lagging for se 1/3 or state.  I wanna buy what its selling, but I'll hold for now.  

FWIW 6z nam came around a bit and is notably SE of 0z.  

I'll keep watchin...got nothin better to do while its raining.  

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

I'll take the 6z Gfs and call it a month.

6z Nam looks interesting, but more for my northern...friends? Lol

Yes, the 6z GFS is very nice for all of CTP. The High is in a good spot up in Quebec

It is the best run since the Euro yesterday.

This will be very interesting to watch the models today & tomorrow as hopefully consensus builds.

IMG_4693.png

IMG_4694.png

IMG_4695.png

9 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, the 6z GFS is very nice for all of CTP. The High is in a good spot up in Quebec

It is the best run since the Euro yesterday.

This will be very interesting to watch the models today & tomorrow as hopefully consensus builds.

IMG_4693.png

IMG_4694.png

IMG_4695.png

Yep, but literally no ensemble support. But I don't think any of the models have really figured it out. I was surprised to see the Eps 0z run pulled back from snowfall amounts in NE from its 18z run. Sorta expected to see it increase snowfall waiving bye-bye to our chances.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Long way to go & at least we are in the game in what we originally thought would be a lost week for any chance.

Euro seemingly folding to the Gfs but without the closed low over MD, which is what gives most of PA its snow. If the Gfs loses the closed low (like the Gefs), we're toast on the snow. Still time, but this event has been a longshot all along for goof reason.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Euro seemingly folding to the Gfs but without the closed low over MD, which is what gives most of PA its snow. If the Gfs loses the closed low (like the Gefs), we're toast on the snow. Still time, but this event has been a longshot all along for goof reason.

We need a lot to go right for this event to work out, but at least we have a chance.

Dense fog across much of the area this morning rain chances increase through much of the day with upward of 0.5" of rain falling by late tonight. We should see temps rise into the 50's today with low's night likely to set a record warm low temperature for the 26th. The current warm low is 42 degrees set back in 1967 - the current NWS Forecast has us at 46 for a low. Tomorrow looks like the warmest day in this stretch with temps falling back to near normal by Sunday and below normal by Monday. Rain from Saturday night through Monday AM could change to some snow by late Sunday night especially across NW areas.
Records for today: High 73 (1967) / Low 2 below (1935) / Precipitation 2.54" / Snow 25.4" (1905) that was the 2nd day of a 2 day snowstorm that resulted in 29" of snow our 4th largest storm in history behind only February 14, 1899 (53.0") / December 26, 1909 (38.0") and April 12, 1894 (29.2")
image.png.7399ec16503937f6c237bb5b31860a36.png

37 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

6z Euro is basically rain for all despite some mix or snow in higher elevations. It even pulls the plug on high totals in NE.

Thats what makes more sense based on pattern.  I like to see the blocking, but its a tad north IMO.  

Thermally, this panel seals the casket for me. 

gfs_T850_neus_13.png

12hrs later...still cookin

gfs_T850_neus_15.png

33 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The full 6z GFS looks loaded with opportunities to score over the next 2 weeks.

If that look holds, we should have chances.

IF one believes....yeah, it did look good, but as i've always suggested, its gotta fit the pattern, and to me...I smell something foul..

10 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

IF one believes....yeah, it did look good, but as i've always suggested, its gotta fit the pattern, and to me...I smell something foul..

Some days, that smell from the paper mill in Spring Grove can make it a long way.

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Very raw here. Yards and fields hanging onto random patches of snow, otherwise just piles remaining. 

We have some piles as well, but it is not raw.  I just checked WU and, in our case, there is an inversion going on as the higher temps are just elevations but in York and Lanco the higher temps are coming up from the south in valleys as well.

image.thumb.png.ab60ff567a17e362e1cb4dc874fa7996.png

45 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Some days, that smell from the paper mill in Spring Grove can make it a long way.

lol.  That IS foul....

Been through that plant many moons ago.  Wanted to burn my clothing when I got home.