Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

48 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Very true. We've had this conversation before saying the same thing. It's so bad that I have drifting dirt.

Lots of damage on 30 exiting York going West.  Trees, power poles, down.....stop signs waffling in the wind like you would see in a hurricane.   Highest gust at my house so far has been 67. 

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Lots of damage on 30 exiting York going West.  Trees, power poles, down.....stop signs waffling in the wind like you would see in a hurricane.   Highest gust at my house so far has been 67. 

67? Wow!

2 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Where you located today? 

The 67 was on my neighbor's rig.  Just got back to Rou.  I feel the winds West of York on 30 surpassed this number.  Would have guessed sustained 50-55 for long periods of time.   There is a sign there listing distance to Abbottstown, New Oxford and Gettysburg and it was moving/waffling around like in the middle of a Hurricane despite still being bolted to the pole.   Stop signs were moving like nothing I have ever seen around here before. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

The 67 was on my neighbor's rig.  Just got back to Rou.  I feel the winds West of York on 30 surpassed this number.  Would have guessed sustained 50-55 for long periods of time.   There is a sign there listing distance to Abbottstown, New Oxford and Gettysburg and it was moving/waffling around like in the middle of a Hurricane despite still being bolted to the pole.   Stop signs were moving like nothing I have ever seen around here before. 

Damn, that’s very impressive. Probably a few 50+ gusts here in CV, but not 67. Do you remember where we can get the raven rock obs or maybe METAR that CTP used to post on twitter?

4 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Damn, that’s very impressive. Probably a few 50+ gusts here in CV, but not 67. Do you remember where we can get the raven rock obs or maybe METAR that CTP used to post on twitter?

I am not sure where to go those but thought someone on MA probably posted it.   Someone at the Rutters in Emmitsburg had an anemometer and he said he was reading 53 sustained for at least 10 seconds. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

PS, the winds coming off the Susky yesterday had to be near or above 50-55 as to gusts. 

Today puts yesterday to shame. At least 15 mph stronger and that’s not including gusts.  

A tree is across Caneron at Elmerton. 

A roof was blown off a house in Penbrook about an hour ago. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

:blink: pretty impressive then, solid wind

Frankling I am stunned there are not more reports of high wind damage but the power out makes sense.   Maybe the reports are going to be coming in.    In Roux it is not that bad right now.  25-30ish with near 40 something gusts.  This AM was when it was bad here per the logs. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Today puts yesterday to shame. At least 15 mph stronger and that’s not including gusts.  

It was just near the water that I felt it "severe" yesterday.  Yea today is probably the worst wind event for me personally since moving back in 2018.   My car felt like it was on snow at times on that flat stretch of 30 just outside York.  Not so bad once I got to Cross Keys and West. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I feel like I am reporting from Harrisburg when I say this but neighbor up from me who just had a new roof put on (though done by "friends) lost a row of about 10 shingles.    But incredibly power is still on here.  

We left when the power went out. I’m scared to go back to be honest 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Lots of open fields on that part of 30, so that makes it easier to get those kinds of gusts.

• Like 1