Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

1979-1983

I'm older than you and I  finished law school in 83. But 83 is, in my mind, the best year for 80's music. I've played the guitar since 73, so most of the music I liked and listened to was guitar-centric. But the 80's, 83 in particular and early 80's in general, had the best melodic, catchy songs imho. Get the MTV Best of 1983 2 CD (or whatever as it was originally sold as a double cassette) to see what I mean.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

How are you olds able to use a computer? That’s impressive! 

jkjkjk

Believe me, it ain't easy. Luckily, I  had a lot of experience on typewriters first. In fact, I  still have an IBM Wheelwriter 5 typewriter I bought in 1984 for about $850. It was one of, if not the first, typewriter with memory. I  had 2 minor repairs to it in 40 years and it still works perfectly.  I want it in my coffin with me just in case I  need to write home.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I'm older than you and I  finished law school in 83. But 83 is, in my mind, the best year for 80's music. I've played the guitar since 73, so most of the music I liked and listened to was guitar-centric. But the 80's, 83 in particular and early 80's in general, had the best melodic, catchy songs imho. Get the MTV Best of 1983 2 CD (or whatever as it was originally sold as a double cassette) to see what I mean.

The stations that play Casey Kasem every weekend just played the top 100 from 83. Puttin' on the Ritz.

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

I could not agree more about 1983 and music. We had Orioles season tickets back then and I remember sitting at Memorial Stadium all season long enjoying a World championship team and great music on the sound system. Wonderful memories.

• Like 2

well here in Mt Top luzerne cty started snowing yesterday about 12:30 had few inches by 6 then the heavy stuff came , could not see across the street till about 9 then went to sleet and freezing rain till 11 and stopped; started snowing around 3 or so when I looked out and snowed light to moderate till around 11; all together around 9 or 10 inches but I'm at 1700 ft, airport around 5 or so, but wet snow, so by morning with the ice on top and wet it was compressed. Oh well still good, now get passed tuesday and wednesday then we go again. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I could not agree more about 1983 and music. We had Orioles season tickets back then and I remember sitting at Memorial Stadium all season long enjoying a World championship team and great music on the sound system. Wonderful memories.

If you recall, Rick Dempsey got hurt and they brought up John Stefero as catcher. He was a year behind me at Mt. St. Joe high school. He ended up my neighbor back in MD. I  told him he was the luckiest baseball player ever getting called up his first year and winning the World Series. He's been the manager at the Toyota dealership (formerly Brown's now Stafford Brown's) for 20+ years in Glen Burnie.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

If you recall, Rick Dempsey got hurt and they brought up John Stefero as catcher. He was a year behind me at Mt. St. Joe high school. He ended up my neighbor back in MD. I  told him he was the luckiest baseball player ever getting called up his first year and winning the World Series. He's been the manager at the Toyota dealership (formerly Brown's now Stafford Brown's) for 20+ years in Glen Burnie.

What an amazing story! Thank you for sharing that. I remember Stefaro coming up and getting a huge game winning hit down the stretch. I'm having flashbacks now. :)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Surprised no mention of the Euro.  It goes to mixed after this panel but a strange depiction of a due north movement in the low.  Also, as Mitchcnick mentioned Icon now on Pivotal which I love.

image.thumb.png.3b60752ea6d8619a2ae8a37d966476d3.png

I did see it, but it was like reliving a ptsd moment, so I  just closed my eyes and shook a little.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It has been the same thing for years now.    Simple Gulf monsters seem to not be coming around right now. 

Yep. We've lost them and clippers.

On a different note, there's no doubt that had the Icon gone out further than 120 at 18z, it would have shown some reasonable front end snow to mix then rain.

prateptype_cat_icon-imp.us_ma.png

850th.us_ma (5).png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Surprised no mention of the Euro.  It goes to mixed after this panel but a strange depiction of a due north movement in the low.  Also, as Mitchcnick mentioned Icon now on Pivotal which I love.

image.thumb.png.3b60752ea6d8619a2ae8a37d966476d3.png

Very strange depiction indeed on the 12z Euro. It somehow jumps the low from Tennessee to Toledo, OH this run.

Long way to go 

IMG_4219.png

IMG_4220.png

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS has this but it is less than it could be because the angle of the high/cold tongue a few days before changes orientation a bit from 24 hours ago.    This has KU potential as depicted regardless of the questionable thermals. 

image.thumb.png.482d19dcfe647579f43e612f484e388b.png

More ptsd

sn10_acc-imp.us_ma (11).png