• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs 2023

yotaman

Already 91/80 for a HI of 109 at noon. Hoping for some good cooling thunderstorms this afternoon.

Edit: High temp was 96. Our highest temp this year. The heat and humidity spawned numerous thunderstorms in our area. We ended up with 1.54" for the day.

Edit #2: Another good storm moved in around 10:30 on and dumped .74" giving us a day long total of 2.28".

Just one of those spells where MBY can't buy a good soaking.  Cells popping up all around me today but only scrounged 0.008".  

Looking at the radar right now the cells have almost no movement.  If one happens to form over top of you it's great, but otherwise forget it.

9 hours ago, cbmclean said:

Just one of those spells where MBY can't buy a good soaking.  Cells popping up all around me today but only scrounged 0.008".  

Looking at the radar right now the cells have almost no movement.  If one happens to form over top of you it's great, but otherwise forget it.

Yep, that’s been how it’s gone here. Watched areas just a few miles down the road get 1”+ while we barely got the edge of a collapsing cell. 0.12” for the day which brings the month to 0.17”

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Yep, that’s been how it’s gone here. Watched areas just a few miles down the road get 1”+ while we barely got the edge of a collapsing cell. 0.12” for the day which brings the month to 0.17”

I took this yesterday and you can see downtown gets it but toward North Hills not so much:
F0TSuUaWAAQbu-e?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Same thing in Pikeville. O.12" for the last two weeks and 0.09" of that fell while were were trying to watch the towns fireworks. 

Got an additional 2.18 yesterday. It's a quagmire in the yard. Got lucky/unlucky the past 2 weeks. Almost 10 inches locally.  Hit or miss. 10 miles north or south much less. I know what it's like on the other side watching collapsed cells approach praying for a tenth of an inch. Not this time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Just 0.22” but it felt nice getting something to wet the yard/garden after 2 weeks of missing everything. .26” for the day 0.43” for July 

I know the feeling.  Have had five separate instances of rain over the last four days but only netted 0.61".  Grateful to have it but still hoping for a good inch plus soaker.  Maybe today is my day.