• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

In Camp barely any rain. Like .06". Definitely was surrounded. Crazy wind before and now constant thunder.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yea, I am watching the cells appear imminent for people then get sucked dry by another one off to the north that takes over. Some people are getting slammed with no rain approaching and just having downpours form right over them. 

Yea, I am watching the cells appear imminent for people then get sucked dry by another one off to the north that takes over. Some people are getting slammed with no rain approaching and just having downpours form right over them. 
This front is essentially stuck until Tuesday with not much besides what looks almost like randomness deciding who gets storms each day. Basically very local mesoscale boundaries that can't be pinpointed. Eventually the randomness gods will throw snake eyes for us

Just now, Jns2183 said:

This front is essentially stuck until Tuesday with not much besides what looks almost like randomness deciding who gets storms each day. Basically very local mesoscale boundaries that can't be pinpointed. Eventually the randomness gods will throw snake eyes for us

Yep, I am confident my grass is getting watered in the next few days.  Interesting in that the meso's right now are focusing on nighttime overnight Friday and Saturday vs. late day heating.   I had commented earlier that this is a situation I do not remember the LSV area getting into all summer...a stalled front for focus of mesoscale rain for days. 

Yep, I am confident my grass is getting watered in the next few days.  Interesting in that the meso's right now are focusing on nighttime overnight Friday and Saturday vs. late day heating.   I had commented earlier that this is a situation I do not remember the LSV area getting into all summer...a stalled front for focus of mesoscale rain for days. 
I love nighttime storms. Elevated thunder at night is amazing

• Like 1

I was at the Olive Garden when the storm hit. Tons of close lightning and thunder with heavy rain. But once there was a break and I got home (1 mile+ as the crow flies), I  could tell it wasn't quite as heavy and there was only .2" in the rain gauge.  But it's a cheap gauge and doesn't catch everything when it's as windy as this storm was, so there was probably a bit more than that. In any event, it's a start and we've got many more chances over the next 4-5 days.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I was at the Olive Garden when the storm hit. Tons of close lightning and thunder with heavy rain. But once there was a break and I got home (1 mile+ as the crow flies), I  could tell it wasn't quite as heavy and there was only .2" in the rain gauge.  But it's a cheap gauge and doesn't catch everything when it's as windy as this storm was, so there was probably a bit more than that. In any event, it's a start and we've got many more chances over the next 4-5 days.

Let's see your locale and mine both break 2" by Tue.   Like I mentioned earlier, one Hanover spotter I know only recorded .05".  Slightly south of Hanover. 

35 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Let's see your locale and mine both break 2" by Tue.   Like I mentioned earlier, one Hanover spotter I know only recorded .05".  Slightly south of Hanover. 

Yeah, my daughter lives SE of town by a mile+ and she hadn't had a drop while we were in the middle of it, so that sounds right. West of town was the place to be for the first round, and mby is NNE of the center of Hanover (94 & 194).

• Like 1