• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Run through of the 18Z runs and the highest temp I could find tomorrow is 91 but most do not breach 90.  It the last AN high day in quite some time per the globals.   Aug 10th is the next on the 12Z GFS.    Incredible stretch of temps could be upcoming. 

Yeah it’s appearing more and more likely that August is going to start out on the cool side. Love it. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Storm Clouds said:

Great storm…probably the best of the summer here! Nice shelf cloud blew through with gusty winds first. Then heavy rain, some lightning/thunder (although I was surprised there wasn’t more)…it’s about over here and have .60 in the rain gauge! Much needed! 

The shelf cloud here was epic - I thought I was going to get smoked. The rain portion was welcome but not overly impressive.

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The shelf cloud here was epic - I thought I was going to get smoked. The rain portion was welcome but not overly impressive.

Agreed. Bark was definitely worse than the bite. I didn’t see any flashes of lightning until after the storm started. I can’t remember the last time here I witnessed a storm where there were C-to-G strikes before it actually hit. Has been a long time…

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Well, another day and another perfect summer storm. Looks like near a half inch again. The grass is happy, and you know what, so is this guy. A good storm and the kids are down early tonight. Time for pap to make a manhattan and put his feet up. Perhaps the new American Gladiators documentary? Who knows!

The Netflix version is MUCH better than ESPN’s. 

23 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yes that’s the one I’m referring to! Very excited for it.  Gonna take me right back to my youth. Also forget to mention a temp drop to 72 here. Beautiful. 

Steroids worked well haha - and it was a trademark to watch on Saturday nights for sure growing up 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The two words are Great Valley. Lol.  My wife wants to move because we enjoy growing stuff but I am not giving up my under 3 interest rate. 

It's just uncanny how many close misses you've had. 

Still under a band of stratifiform rain here. Approaching a half inch for the day. Wish it was a different story. Truly.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The two words are Great Valley. Lol.  My wife wants to move because we enjoy growing stuff but I am not giving up my under 3 interest rate. 

Hopefully it will balance out at some point.

I can’t blame you with that interest rate, plus, you are in a decent location most of the time in Winter.

• Like 1