• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA Summer 2023

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Funny how close we are this month....both monthly and "wet period".  We had to resume watering this AM.  

Yes sir...meanwhile, a detailed update from MU moments ago:

(1/3) A vigorous, upper-level disturbance over the Great Lakes region and potent, surface cold front will combine to trigger showers and scattered severe thunderstorms across northern MD and central/southeastern PA between ~2-10 PM today..

(2/3) The warm, humid & highly unstable air mass ahead of the front will support locally damaging wind gusts up to 70 mph, large hail, isolated tornadoes & flooding of low-lying/poor-drainage areas. Partial sunshine is already fueling the instability, & dewpoints are near 70°F..

(3/3) Tree, powerline & roof damage are likely in the hardest-hit locations, & large hail could damage roofs & vehicles. A Flood Watch is in effect for eastern PA. If a #SEVERETHUNDERSTORMWARNING or #TORNADOWARNING is issued, seek shelter in an interior room/basement immediately!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes sir...meanwhile, a detailed update from MU moments ago:

(1/3) A vigorous, upper-level disturbance over the Great Lakes region and potent, surface cold front will combine to trigger showers and scattered severe thunderstorms across northern MD and central/southeastern PA between ~2-10 PM today..

(2/3) The warm, humid & highly unstable air mass ahead of the front will support locally damaging wind gusts up to 70 mph, large hail, isolated tornadoes & flooding of low-lying/poor-drainage areas. Partial sunshine is already fueling the instability, & dewpoints are near 70°F..

(3/3) Tree, powerline & roof damage are likely in the hardest-hit locations, & large hail could damage roofs & vehicles. A Flood Watch is in effect for eastern PA. If a #SEVERETHUNDERSTORMWARNING or #TORNADOWARNING is issued, seek shelter in an interior room/basement immediately!

Yea, the severe nuts can keep that.  Give me a soaking downpour for 15 min and I count that as a big win. 

• Like 3

With the Atlanta area experiencing what they did yesterday with a 20% chance of storms forecasted and what Houston experienced last week with 10% chance, I'm going to bet we get our best rains when they are not forecasted

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

With the Atlanta area experiencing what they did yesterday with a 20% chance of storms forecasted and what Houston experienced last week with 10% chance, I'm going to bet we get our best rains when they are not forecasted

Something that is a common occurrence with rain...but snow not so much.    I think of Jan 25, 2000 but much rarer we get an area wide snowstorm that is not forecasted. 

Something that is a common occurrence with rain...but snow not so much.    I think of Jan 25, 2000 but much rarer we get an area wide snowstorm that is not forecasted. 
Two totally different modes of precipitation. We still are horrible at convection compared to all else. Look at past week or any hurricane forecast

Just now, Jns2183 said:

Two totally different modes of precipitation. We still are horrible at convection compared to all else. Look at past week or any hurricane forecast

That is a good thought but even non convection rain events surprise more than snow.  But yea, we are terrible at anything convection related (not so great at wind forecasting either.)

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Also, the broken line (it congeals for Lanco and East) now being shown on the 3K does not come through until mid-evening.  At 6Z it keyed on energy earlier in the day but has backed it out to what it was showing yesterday.  So, that is 6-7 hours away and cannot call bust on that one yet :-) 

I was thinking about that when I was reading MU's thoughts - originally it seemed like the "prime time" for us was this afternoon, but he extended the active weather until 10pm this evening. 

• Like 1