• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:
Rain has already reached northern MD, southern NJ, and DE, but it shouldn’t overspread areas north of Route 30 until after 5 PM. Steady, light-to-moderate rain will then continue overnight, with most of southeastern PA receiving at least 0.25-0.50” by midday tomorrow

We are having sporadic light rain here.   You actually have some returns on radar near Maytown...probably virga. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We are having sporadic light rain here.   You actually have some returns on radar near Maytown...probably virga. 

Definitely virga - sun is still out (through clouds) at home. Cloudy here in Conestoga with rain right on the M/D line on MU's radar which I think removes virga. 

1 hour ago, canderson said:

We’re eating there beforehand actually - I see a lot on google maps next to it that’s paid (looks like a hefty $1/hour hah) but unsure if there is a time restriction. 

I think it's a dollar an hour but unsure how many hours you can stay. There is also a parking lot a block up from white rose that I have parked for free after hours as well. There is business building you drive through and parking is at the back and also a parking garage there as well. Only two blocks from the Appeal center.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SnowLover15 said:

I think it's a dollar an hour but unsure how many hours you can stay. There is also a parking lot a block up from white rose that I have parked for free after hours as well. There is business building you drive through and parking is at the back and also a parking garage there as well. Only two blocks from the Appeal center.

Thanks. I see a lot at Beaver (haha) and Gas too. Although if it’s raining we’ll just do the PHL garage since it’s 10 second from the doors of the Appel Center. All that said a Wednesday night in York can’t be that busy so I assume street parking will be easy. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Thanks. I see a lot at Beaver (haha) and Gas too. Although if it’s raining we’ll just do the PHL garage since it’s 10 second from the doors of the Appel Center. All that said a Wednesday night in York can’t be that busy so I assume street parking will be easy. 

lol. Yeah the streets are usually empty after 5p.

Since you live close, avoid state street like the plaque today. Catholic church is getting a new bishop and state street is shut down. They are expecting over a 1000 people

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1,000 people to celebrate the appointment of a district manager? Jesus Christ.

I entered the wrong line of work.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Happy Summer all.  Hoping the spring was enjoyable.  Been a rather challenging one for me (parents), but they're still here, so I'll still consider myself lucky.  Just hoping to get through it w/ a tinge of sanity left in my soul.  

Here's to the start of shorter nights and the lead up to autumn and winter "fun" - or lack thereof.  Cant wait to see how big the Nino gets and what it leads to here.  

FWIW My grass is cooked, but I mowed for fun last night as I'm getting away for a long overdue weekend (as much stuff has been put on hold due to the parent thingy). 

My sons wedding's gonna happen no matter come 9/16 -  and I'll get to see my daughter for the first time since Christmas (cancelled trip due to above mess).  Cant wait. 

Have a good one.  

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Happy Summer all.  Hoping the spring was enjoyable.  Been a rather challenging one for me (parents), but they're still here, so I'll still consider myself lucky.  Just hoping to get through it w/ a tinge of sanity left in my soul.  

Here's to the start of shorter nights and the lead up to autumn and winter "fun" - or lack thereof.  Cant wait to see how big the Nino gets and what it leads to here.  

FWIW My grass is cooked, but I mowed for fun last night as I'm getting away for a long overdue weekend (as much stuff has been put on hold due to the parent thingy). 

My sons wedding's gonna happen no matter come 9/16 -  and I'll get to see my daughter for the first time since Christmas (cancelled trip due to above mess).  Cant wait. 

Have a good one.  

Sorry to hear about the struggles - I was just in TX for 30 hours handling the same. It’s brutal 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Have a good one.  

I'll wish good thoughts for you bro

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Definitely virga - sun is still out (through clouds) at home. Cloudy here in Conestoga with rain right on the M/D line on MU's radar which I think removes virga. 

Meh...radar is showing decent returns through much of the southern 2/3rds of Lanco. Ground truth says otherwise. Greens over me at work, it's not doing a thing. 

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Meh...radar is showing decent returns through much of the southern 2/3rds of Lanco. Ground truth says otherwise. Greens over me at work, it's not doing a thing. 

We have managed .02 to this point but not see much in the way of downpours yet and that line North of Gettysburg DE amplified. 

• Like 1

That part I remember well.  I don't think any of us had ever seen that much forecast ever over us.  Certainly there was the usual "throw it out", but NAM was king for that one.
The NAM nailed that storm hard. I remember the day before lots of difference in models. I threw my money at nam after looking at SREF just honing in on max with all ensembles beforehand. That storm was damn near perfection here.

• Like 2

The Canadian continues to insist that the rain through lunch tomorrow will be a bust for most of PA.  Despite having the low actually closer than the Nam, it drives the main push of precip to our East.   Going to look silly or score a coup. 

image.thumb.png.ac16966a3f307f085e183710088fe0e3.png

Looking at radar at 2:45 I have ask what crack it is on?

Yea, I mentioned throwing it out as Gettysburg was getting Rain+ at one point.   With that said, the shield is not exactly making we want to find an ark at this point. 
Compare this to Canadian model. I'm not looking for an ark. Just 0.50". It seems we will have widespread convection everyday for the next 6 or 7. I'm sure some are bummed at that but that's how we can cut this drought deficit in half8435bd7b484f19960ab388a0a7994259.jpg